Canadair CL-215 Waterbomber - scratch build

Started by Michael, February 14, 2016, 10:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Maiden flight was successful!

Easy take-off, easy flight, and easy landing. Balance was perfect, and trim was almost perfect. The plane is stable and can fly very slowly. Wind was about 10kmh.

Jeff took the video. It is an unedited video of the maiden flight. At about 1:48 in the video the plane does a very slow low pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzkgzObLIhk&feature=youtu.be
Michael

Oscar

Beautiful!!  It looks you have the differential thrust on when turning.  Did you have it enable?

Michael

Michael

bweaver

Congratulations Michael.  It looks great!  There was no doubts about it flying.  ;D

piker

Quote from: the giant on April 20, 2016, 11:00:50 AM
I might have to make the trip down to your place for a day on the water when the Widgeon is done.  I have the wings nearly sheeted.  I'll be starting on the ailerons and flaps later this week.  Then it is on to the nacells.

For sure, Andre, you (and anyone else) are always welcome.  But don't feel limited to that.  We have float flies scheduled pretty much every other week this summer.  The first is a week from Saturday.  Will you be done?   ;D

piker

That looks wonderful, Michael.  Congratulations!

I hope we'll see it flying from the water next week!

Michael

Updates:

- flown off water twice, successfully.

- Winner of the Sept 2016 Model Airplane News Pilot Project of the Month.

Michael

bweaver

Congratulations..... You are becoming a regular in Model Airplane News. 

What are you going to do with a multitude of Model Airplane News hats?   ;D

tuck

Hi Micheal, Can you post the dimension of your water bomber? Length? and Wingspans? Thank you