Ryerson- flying Saturday March 5???

Started by Frank v B, March 01, 2016, 10:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Looks like we will be snowed in this week.  Saturday will be highly questionable but... never make a decision until you have to.  I will make the call Friday evening.

From now on, snow will be referred to as "Andy's Dandruff!" ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on March 01, 2016, 10:25:04 PM
Looks like we will be snowed in this week.  Saturday will be highly questionable but... never make a decision until you have to.  I will make the call Friday evening.

From now on, snow will be referred to as "Andy's Dandruff!" ;D

Frank

I can't believe Frank would shy away from such a FANTASTIC opportunity to show the Ryerson team how much FUN it is to fly with skis.  The snow could not be better.  Fabulous forecast: -1 C, moderate SE winds at 15 kmh, mix of sun and cloud.  All you need are snows boots and a designer bathing suit and you're good to go.  This is the day we ice pilots have all been waiting for.  The worst you would have to do is hike in from the highway and actually get some exercise!!  C'mon instructors - show the team what you're made of.  I can hardly wait!! 8)

Andy

thehaze

I was a little surprised myself Andy. Given Frank's current history of "if the trees aren't snapping, we're good to go" attitude about the weather, I figured he'd be all in this weekend. Perhaps he's trying to hide a snow allergy or something... ::)

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Frank v B

I have just written Zarana that I am good to go for tomorrow (Saturday) but cannot get there until 12:30.  She will call me at 9 am tomorrow with a go/no go on Ryerson's part.  It will give her a chance to do a roll call to see how many of the students survived Friday night's party. :)

Mike, I don't know what got into me "if the trees aren't snapping, we're good to go" ;D.  It looks like they won't be snapping so I have no excuses.  Sorry for that momentary lapse.  I have regained my senses. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Wingnutz

Went to ROGO a little early today to beat the Ryerson rush, and...first tracks again! (Okay so the rabbit was there again before me) But first,...CONGRATULATIONS to Frank! When we finally hooked up at the field, he let it slip that his son recently graduated from RCAF officer training school! Well done! Frank also related that he's planning to celebrate his son's success by adding Canadian content to his models! :D
Also an apology to Frank whose car was out by the road when I drove into ROGO...I drove right past, not realizing Frank was sitting in his car!
Snow coverage wasn't as good as last time, but wind was extremely light and we had a wonderful time making first tracks on ROGO Road and the field.
Shot a selfie of me and the Beaver...lessee...DHC2 on a Roots Aviators hat...while it probably won't displace the Mounties' stetson as the iconic Canadian hat,...a new contender for Canadian hat?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Andy Hoffer

Nice knife-edge photo of you Bill.  You must be in the advanced course at Buttonville!  ;D

Andy

Wingnutz

Hi Andy...took lesson 2 at Buttonville..."How to Recover From Knife Edge Photos"  :)
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!