Ryerson flying Sat April 9- MAAC Wing Awarded!

Started by Frank v B, April 06, 2016, 08:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

The forecast is -2, partly sunny, partly cloudy.  Whatever will be...will be.

I should be out there by noon on Saturday.  Ryerson students are getting close to their competition date.  I believe it was April 29 in Winnipeg.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on April 06, 2016, 08:44:07 PM
The forecast is -2, partly sunny, partly cloudy. Whatever will be...will be.

I should be out there by noon on Saturday.  Ryerson students are getting close to their competition date.  I believe it was April 29 in Winnipeg.

Frank

Gee! Why didn't I think of that?!!  :D

Andy

sihinch

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on April 07, 2016, 07:21:42 AM
Quote from: Frank v B on April 06, 2016, 08:44:07 PM
The forecast is -2, partly sunny, partly cloudy. Whatever will be...will be.

Frank

Gee! Why didn't I think of that?!!  :D

Andy

It is what it is!  ;D

Frank v B

Ryerson student Aleksander Bukal was awarded his MAAC Wings today by one of our fellow trouble makers who we call our president.  Simon had enough proof that Aleksander's flying deserved the award.
Just so that no-one thinks we were being just nice to him, I put him through a 10 minute flight where we reversed roles.  I put the airplane in at least 20 difficult situations and then I would say "Yours" and he had to get the plane out of trouble....  at the top of a stall turn, a dive, inverted, while rolling, while looping, corkscrewing, spinning and each time he righted the airplane and continued in level flight...or as Andy would say "one of Frank's normal straight and level flight attempts." :D

Aleksander's job in the contest on April 29 in Winnipeg is to be the human link for an autonomous flight project just in case something should go wrong during the flight.

Today as well, Zarana successfully bungee launched the airplane twice to work the kinks out of the launching system.

Thank you to all the Temac members who made the incredible sacrifice ( ;D) to come out and help the students learn to fly.  People like Graham , Andy, Greg H., Simon, Greg C. and BJ.

If Simon could post the photos Andy took with his cell camera it would show Simon, Alek and Zarana smiling on this cold and bitter day.
It was very cold, very windy (tree-snapping), very sunny.  A day for Sun-Bite  (getting a sunburn while getting frost-bite :)))

Frank

sihinch

Congratulations Aleks and the whole team! It's been a pleasure helping you and flying with you ALL.

Good luck in the competition - I hope The launch goes well (2 out of 3 ain't bad, Zarana!)

http://youtu.be/k5hWWe-ts2s

Andy Hoffer

I must have been doing an inverted low pass when I took this photo!  ;D

Andy

Frank v B

re: Andy's inverted photo-

The circus is still in town!  I'm still trying to figure out whether he is our Dumbo or the local clown.  The jury is still out. ;D

One day closer to summer!

Thanks to everyone who ventured to the field yesterday.  Mission accomplished.

Frank