Frenchman's Bay Float Fly - Saturday, April 30th! 5:00pm

Started by piker, April 25, 2016, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Hey everyone!

We have a float fly scheduled for this coming SATURDAY, April 30th at 5:00pm at Frenchman's Bay in Pickering.

This is the place we've been flying at for several years now.  This time of year the water should be clear of weeds and beautiful for float flying.  I hope everyone can make it out!

Here's where we fly (either at the parking lot (first choice) or the pit area just a little west of the lot):

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8164395,-79.114607/43.8127752,-79.0904383/@43.811802,-79.0921878,416m/data=!3m1!1e3

Bring your planes, bring a chair, bring a jacket and be prepared for a great evening.  We arrive at 5:00 and get set-up in time for the winds to settle down into a beautiful evening by the Bay.  So far the forecast looks great, so come on out!  ;D

Of course, I'll have the retrieval boat ready to go as usual, and if you need help getting your plane working well and trimmed out, there will be qualified people there ready to lend a hand.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

See you there!

Robert

bweaver

:D  The Savoia Marchetti is ready to maiden this Saturday evening.  I am excited and looking forward to it on the water and taking to the sky.

(I'll take what ever guidance I can get from the experienced float flyers attending. I hope the recovery boat can remain at shore.  ::))

http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,4454.msg37404.html#msg37404

piker

It'll be fantastic, Bruce!

I hope to also see Michael's Water Bomber, Ken C's Navigator, and Ken R's Short Cockle!!!

Gee... maybe we'll even see Colin's Short Solent take to the sky!   Colin?????   ;D

Frank v B

re: Robert's "Gee... maybe we'll even see Colin's Short Solent take to the sky!   Colin?????   ;D

Does this Wollins guy actually exist??  The post on the Short Solent has 37 pages!!  I have not seen him at a club meeting, not seen the plane at a show and tell.  Could it all be smoke and mirrors?

Just kidding Colin.  I have been to your place twice in the past year to know you are busy running your own business, chasing the kids and trying to build models in your spare time, an hour here and there.  Looking forward to seeing you at the field.  Your visits are always a laugh! :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

octagon

The Eflite Beaver is now outfitted with floats. I am working on the Macchi, but I don't think it will be ready quite in time. Looking forward to my first water flying experience.
What could possibly go wrong?

piker

This morning I was going to add...

Rob's Beaver!

But figured the M5 wouldn't be ready yet.

Colin has taken a breather this winter after an intense build the year before.  We'll see him out eventually, I'm sure   ;D

wollins

Quote from: Frank v B on April 26, 2016, 11:15:18 PM
re: Robert's "Gee... maybe we'll even see Colin's Short Solent take to the sky!   Colin?????   ;D

Does this Wollins guy actually exist?? 

Yeah I'm around ... took the winter off in terms of building ... didn't realize how the Solent drained me mentally until I put it down last fall. To be honest I have a TON of things left to do on it (cosmetically) but it was ready for its test flight (which Rob and I attempted MANY times last fall) since the end of last season.

I'm hoping to get out this Sat actually ... I just finished tuning up a CL-415 foamie (just in case!) which flies quite nicely.  If I do get a chance to come out this will be the earliest that I have EVER flown in any one season. :)

Colin   
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

piker

For sure come out!  Bring something low stress and fun.  That's what I'm doing.  The same old stuff from previous years... for now  :)

Michael

Michael

piker

Skyking

Wish that I could be there.
Takes lots of pictures and post them!
Actually, I can.

Wingnutz

Quote from: piker on April 25, 2016, 02:18:34 PM
Hey everyone!

We have a float fly scheduled for this coming Sunday, April 30th at 5:00pm at Frenchman's Bay in Pickering...

Let me know if you have any questions. 

See you there!

Robert
Rob,
Saturday...right?
Bill
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

Crap!   SATURDAY .....  YES   SATURDAY!  Tomorrow!

Thanks Bill   :o

Float Fly... SATURDAY, April 30th, 5:00pm...

The weather looks great so far.  Let's hope the winds settle down in the evening.

piker

Here are some pictures taken a previous Frenchman's Bay float fly's.

Good times!  I hope you can make it!

Oscar

Sorry, I am not able to attend tonight. But please do take lots of photos.