2016-09 TEMAC Tickler, Training Begins & May-den Day

Started by sihinch, May 01, 2016, 07:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

That's right folks, it's flying time again! Our "summer" season kicks off this week with 2 events!

Wednesday night is training night!  Join us at the field every week, from 6pm until dusk, for RC Flight training.  Our team of professionals ( ;)) will be happy to help set-up your aircraft, go through the basics of flight, talk about field safety and etiquette and then hopefully, help you fly!  All you need to do is charge your aircraft batteries, check your transmitter batteries and ideally bring a buddy box and chord. 

Actually, it would be good if you all check the new 2016 Field Safety rules on the homepage too:
http://temac.ca/?page_id=239

Reminder - at this time, we can only train on fixed wing aircraft and you can only fly rotary wing aircraft at TEMAC if you have your MAAC wings.

And then on Saturday May 7th from noon it's our first ever May-den Day!  Bring along your new models and let others support you (technically, mentally and verbally ;D) and you attempt to fly your new models for the first time!  We probably wont BBQ but depending on the crowd and mood, we may send out for pizza!

Can't wait to see you all
Simon

sihinch

Thought I'd start some commentary - what will you bring to May-den Day?

I have an RC Lander F-16 with a WeMoTec Evo 11 blade 70mm EDF for 6S lipos ready for maiden.

I also have the Durafly Mk.1 Spitfire that is ready to go.

octagon

I just might have my Macchi ready. Might try it off grass. Maybe my "Flight of the Phoenix" Denight Special. It has been rebuilt from pieces of 2 planes from 2 previous crashes. I think you will like the Spit Simon. Much faster than either the HK1234 or the PZ.
What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

4 possible maidens:

2-meter Impact pattern plane.

Rebuilt Adrian Page Super Cub

E-Flite Shoestring

re-maiden of the Hangar 9 Pulse 60.

Mid afternoon, weather permitting.

Michael

Wingnutz

One possible may-den model:
Wings Maker PT-26 in BCATP (British Commonweaith Air Training Plan)/RCAF (you don't really need this spelled out do you?) colours, but I need a standard size retract servo to make the LG functional...anybody got one of those laying around?
Yeah, I know the real PT-26 had fixed gear but the guy who built the model(I bought it built for nitro but never flown from Pinnacle...honest!) installed mechanical retracts  ::) and I don't think I've got the time to re-build so I'll just fly it gear down!
LMK if you have the retract
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Frank v B

It was a nice day today at May-den Fest.  Many models flew (Spitfires, Falcon 56), some models decided to grab some grass (Lysander), Mike's jet had his pilot blow the cockpit and punch out and some planes decided "nyet".  Simon's F16 refused to leave the safety of terra firma, my Blue Angels Fat Albert pseudo GWS Hercules C-130 refused to take off.  First it spit one wheel, then it spit two wheels and refused to fly.  Will secure all 5 wheels and try again.  It has not flown since I upgraded it to 3 cells (2 new ESC's) from 2 cells.  It flew scale-like on 2 cells but refused to take off from the runway.  Little has changed! :D

Simon, we need to run a Re-May-den-Fest. ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

I flew in two full-scale WestJet Boeing 737-800's with 50%-scale economy seats!  I think you guys had the right idea!

Looking forward to remaiden day!

Cheers!

Andy

Michael

Quote from: Michael on May 02, 2016, 08:16:43 PM
4 possible maidens:

1. 2-meter Impact pattern plane.

2. Rebuilt Adrian Page Super Cub

3. E-Flite Shoestring

2. re-maiden of the Hangar 9 Pulse 60.

Mid afternoon, weather permitting.

1. 2 successful flights; amazingly accurate flyer.

2. 1 flight; trimmed out and flying as good as before.

3. 1 flight; fast and smooth; one short but exciting flight.

4. 1 flight; nice sport flyer, powerful with the E-Flite "50" system, and better control with a new receiver.
Michael