Congrats to the new pilots

Started by Ex14th, May 16, 2004, 11:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex14th

Well, after flying for years at 14th, the following pilots finally got their MAAC Wings officially last week.

Richard - the President of the Toronto Club had the Wing Director officiated the ceremony, and each took turns to pass the test. Wings were handed out to John Kusturin, Rod Snyder, and Nestor, they all bought coffees for the club members, Gary is on the program, and Bill the young student has two successful flights on his PT-electric under the guidance of Keith Walker, and he's happy.

All-in-all, most of the 14th flyers have found their new homes, we also took advantage of the club rule of flying early. starting to fly at 9:00 a.m. before the wet guys could start their engines at 10:00, but of course, we are still waiting for the good news from TeMAC, then we can be the all and only elctric club again.

One thing to announce though, Richard the club president told me officially this morning that the guest periods are over, they had given us six weeks of grace period (usually twice a year members are allowed to invite guest flyers, we had far exceeded that). Any non-Toronto RC club members will NOT be allowed as guest flyers at the field any more, and I think it's only fair, don't want to have any liabilitiy issues.

Alex

Edited by - Ex14th on 16 May 2004  12:03:41 PM

Michael

Congratulations to the flyers and their new wings certificates. TEMAC will recognize these wings.

I should have a proper update on TEMAC by this coming Thursday with information on the field. One way or the other, I will announce an informal flying session very soon!

I'm sure that TEMAC members may be getting impatient (I know I am) but I assure you I am working on this on a daily basis.

Be prepared for a call to come help clear and clean the field.

Michael
Michael