May Long Weekend Float Flying at Frenchman's Bay!

Started by piker, May 17, 2016, 03:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

O.K., last week was a total blow out.  I'm glad we cancelled.

I'd like to try FLOAT FLYING again this coming Saturday, May 21, from 5:00 until dark.

Everyone is welcome to come out and fly from water... the best type of flying   ;D

Here's where we fly.  If this site is in use (say by some girls on stand up paddle boards) we can try for a spot a little further to the EAST, in the parking lot:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8167966,-79.1146814/43.8122551,-79.0922028/@43.8120121,-79.0931427,289m/data=!3m1!1e3

Bring your planes, bring a chair, bring a jacket and be prepared for a great evening.  We arrive at 5:00 and get set-up in time for the winds to settle down into a beautiful evening by the Bay.  So far the forecast looks AMAZING!, so come on out!  ;D

This time I have a new retrieval boat to try out!  My old trailer lid boat is on it's last legs, so I figured it was time for a boat that actually keeps the water out, and gives us a little better feeling of reliability.  This boat is still very small, but tough, so it can be used by anyone who wants to retrieve their plane.  I'll see about getting more speed out of it as well   ;D

I hope everyone can make it!

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Robert

piker

Since this Saturday is part of the long weekend, I would like to know that we have critical mass for the event. 

Who's planning to go to Frenchman's Bay on Saturday????

Oscar

I am on-call this weekend but will do my best to come for the float flying event.

bweaver

wollins

It's my intention to come as well. Last time my foamie CL-415 took off and immediately crashed due to being so severely tail heavy I thought the battery had to have come loose. Turns out I used a CG position of about an inch further back to where it should be! 

I flew it A LOT last at the end of last season and had used the "correct" CG so don't even know how/why I used this CG spot this time. (couldn't be that I lost that many brain cells in 8 months! lol!) Anyways she's back together so we try again. :)

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

piker

That's great, colin, but it's back together?????  Don't I have a major chunk of that plane that I forgot to give you out of the retrieval boat?  Am I losing my mind in my old age???

wollins

Are you freaking kidding me???  It tool me a couple of hours of carving to replace that piece!
|
|
|

wollins

But better late than never cause my replacement is nowhere as nice as the original. :)
|
|
|

Skyking

I'm working again but I arranged to have June 4 off to go to Beaton.
See you at Beaton.
Ken
Actually, I can.

octagon

I plan to be there, but the dressmaker messed up my wife's dress for our daughter's wedding on June the 4th, sooooooooooooo, we might be going to the states to find a new one.; I should know tonight for sure. Pray for me.
What could possibly go wrong?

sihinch

piker

Hmmm.......

So, we have 2 "going" (including myself), and three "maybe".  It sounds like everyone is busy this long weekend.  I'm not surprised.  With the nice weather, I'm sure everyone has other plans.

Perhaps we should hold off for the next float flying event, which is the the Beeton Float Fly on June 4th.

I'll post a final decision about tomorrow before I go to bed tonight.  If you're planning to go, now's your chance to speak up!   :)

BTW, Rob and I are going to check out that new pond tomorrow morning.   ;D

octagon

There is a God. The dressmaker was able to fix Marg's dress, so no Buffalo, and I am in for the float fly.

Oscar

Rob - Are you going to maiden the Tidewater tomorrow?  :D

octagon