Beeton Floatfly this Saturday! June 4

Started by Frank v B, May 30, 2016, 07:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

The floatfly is on this Saturday and any TEMAC members are invited.  The gates will open at 8:30 am and will probably go on until the early afternoon.  Here is Rudie Nagelmakers' description of how to get there.

For clarification, the pond is located WEST of Alliston  on Hwy 89 then NORTH on the 4th Concession. (which is 2nd con. road west of Hwy 50 and Hwy 89).  Go NORTH on the 4th (past the 5th side rd) for about 4KM and we are on the left hand side.  As you are heading north past the 5th side road you will see the Human Society on your right.  There will be two small bridges as you pass the HS, we are just past the second bridge on the left hand side, you will see the unlocked gate!

If you google map this look up 5844 Concession Road 4, Everett, it is the closet fire number near the site......if you lost in the area ....LOOK UP and to the WEST ...something will be in the air ..............LOL...

Bring a folding chair.  TEMAC will bring all the cold drinks and Bramalea is bringing the food.

I need a headcount to pass along to Bramalea for their shopping list.  Please register on this post or.... you may not get food (or you will have to buy Simon's burger at a significant premium ;D)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Thanks for inviting us Rudie! That's great.

I'm afraid I can't make it this time.

Have fun everyone.

bweaver

I am looking forward to it. I am going for the morning only because I have an afternoon function to attend. 

The Savoia Marchetti S55 will once again attempt to fly off water.  This time more successfully than the last time.......  :D  That's called positive thinking.

battlestu

I've got nothing that floats anymore... but i was going to come out and take some pictures
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

So what am I bringing to the floatfly?  My RC tug!!  I do not have any floaty airplanes but Rudie is trusting some of his planes to me.
This tug is 46" long, weighs 49 pounds and has 39 pounds of ballast alone.  Twin electric motors geared to a single shaft, 6 volt lead acid battery (sealed).  No fancy stuff like Kort nozzle, thrusters, etc.
A sailing friend called me about 5 years ago and said he was in charge of an estate of a train modeller and had to dispose of all the stuff.  He had this tug and asked me if I wanted it.  Sure.  I thought it would probably be a cute little 26" bathtub special when he pulled this thing out of his garage.  Frank just said "Thanks!!!!"

Frank

Oscar

Frank - Will this be our rescue boat to retrieve our plane(s)?

Wingnutz

Wanna see what this is all about, so I'll be there...Skyking, are you going? Can you bring the Piaggio?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

Ugh!  As much as I REALLY want to go, and it looks like the weather will be perfect, I just can't justify it.

I have a steel beam and roof trusses being delivered on a specific date, and I have a lot of work to do on the house (building walls to support the roof) before that happens.

Have fun guys!  And make a good impression so we get invited back!   ;D

Michael

Sorry guys, I can't make it either; family commitments.  :'(

Michael

Oscar

I got the approval.   ;D  I will attend the float fly in the morning. 

Frank v B

Oscar: re: "Frank - Will this be our rescue boat to retrieve our plane(s)?"

I will bring a coat hanger so I can snag model airplanes.  I have to do something useful. ;)

Piker:  re: "I have a steel beam and roof trusses being delivered"

You mean "main spars and ribs".  Don't forget the shear webs. :)

Frank

Wingnutz

Frank,
Thanks to you and the executive for arranging TEMAC involvement and support for the Beeton Float Fly today. It was a great Float Fly session with perfect weather, a great site and a really friendly host club.
All the TEMACers there were grinning from ear to ear!
There were some neat models flying not the least of which was Ken Rawlins' Kyosho Macchi M33  which flew its maiden flight today. Ken reported the model needed only one click of trim and it was the best maiden flight he'd ever had until it flew into a tree on the other side of the pond...where it's still sitting...50 feet off the ground!
https://youtu.be/f_fMNt-YQlk
The video as shot with an iPhone in brilliant sunlight and tracking the model in flight was a problem. probably views best if you don't expand the picture!
Looking forward to the next float fly!

DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Frank v B

I received the following note from Rudie Nagelmakers of Beeton in reply to my TEMAC thank-you note.

Guys it on behalf of Rick and I and the Beeton club it was a pleasure having you and your respective clubs to our pond site!  Nice to hit a home run with the weather, the outstanding food, the drinks and a great bunch of guys who all enjoy flying!
We are starting to post pictures as well on the Facebook site, the link is below!  Mark your calendars for our Corn Cob Float fly on Aug the 20th ......I'll keep working the weather program to the best of my ability ...but that's not saying much!!!
Best Regards .................
Frank, happy to have instructed you on your first water landing and take off, think Tidewater ............:) :) .........FYI  Rick was cc'd ..............

Great video Bill.

Frank

piker

I'm glad you guys had a great time at the float fly.  The weather WAS perfect.

I won't miss the next one!

And Ken!  Congratulations on a great test flight.  I had forgotten you had that plane.  But stuck in a tree????  That sucks!  How are you planning to get it back?