Beeton Floatfly was phenominal

Started by Frank v B, June 04, 2016, 03:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Just returned from the Beeton Floatfly.  This was the first year TEMAC was invited to attend the annual Beeton/Bramalea floatfly. It was a blast. 
A beautiful day, sunny, hot, no wind, glass smooth water, fun people and model airplanes.  Nothing was missing!

Representing TEMAC were Ken Ross, Ken Rawlins, Bruce Weaver, Oscar, Bill Q. and yours truly.  TEMAC supplied the cold drinks for everyone and Bramalea supplied the food (burgers and BBQ chicken), Rudie Nagelmakers of Beeton will take full credit for handling the weather.

Thank you to Rick Byers of Beeton and Tony Soumas of Bramalea for letting us play in their sandbox. ;D

Of note: today was the first time I have taken off from water and landed on water... ever... using Rudie's Tidewater.. and his airplane is still in one piece. :D

Here is hoping Oscar, Bill or Ken will post some photos/videos.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

It was a great morning with all kinds of people and planes.  My SM just puddled around with only one motor working well and the other one working poorly.  Not enough power for lift off.  ???   But this time no water got inside and the hulls stayed right side up, or should that be right side down.    :P

Anyway it was lots of fun.  Here is a few photos.

Oscar

Thank you Rudie for inviting us to the float flying event. 

The music speaks for my feeling.    :D
https://vimeo.com/169393938