Bramal-E-Fly 2016 (July 16th)

Started by battlestu, July 07, 2016, 10:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battlestu

It's that time of year again!! Bramalea Electric Fun-Fly

Come join the action on July 16th- As always it's fun day of flying, BBQing, and cool drinks.

Greg

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Frank v B

This is about the 15th year this has been going since Piker conned me into having an electric funfly when he was pres. of EMFSO.  He just asked and I did not need much convincing. We had 26 people show up on a week's notice. We were either very eager or very desperate to fly back in the days when few would even look at electrics.

If Bramalea gets the same food crew out as they brought to the Beeton Floatfly the lunch will be awesome.

The field is located at the northeast corner of Bramalea Road and Countryside.  The best way to get there is up the 410 to Mayfield Road (north of Bovaird), turn east (right) about two stop lights 2-3 km's (Dixie, Bramalea Road) and turn right (south) on Bramalea Road.  Bramalea Road is just before the new Walmart.  About 1/2 km south of Mayfield you will see a sportspark on the left hand side.  Turn left (east) into the very first driveway (gravel) before you hit the first baseball diamond.  This road brings you right to the flying field.

Bramalea RC Flyers inc. is the full club name to Google the directions.  Hope to see you there. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

battlestu

For the first time in a long time it's going going to be crazy hot for this event.

Come out and enjoy fun day of flying

Greg

thehaze

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

battlestu

Frank v B

I'll be there!!

I have the cold drinks and a few airplanes 8).... 8 of them!  That guarantees me at least 8 flights..... or 4 minutes of flying as Andy would say. :D

Frank

battlestu

good times... Thanks to the guys at Bramalea for a warm welcome!!

battlestu

just a few more :)

Frank v B

It was a great day of flying and eating at Bramalea RC Flyers today.  It was cool in the morning (got there at 9 am) and by noon it was the usual "welcome to Brampton and fry while you fly".  The Bramal-E-Fly has always been a scorcher.  It sure started getting hot around lunch time.
Got in flights with my Siren, Pogo, Nooner, Hammer, 18" Pitts, Guillows rubber band model, Rifle 1M, C-130 Hercules, Birdie 10.  Did not fly my E-Flite Beaver or 60 size pattern ship.  Ran out of time. :(

Thanks to Tony Soumas and the Bramalea boys for putting on a great day. 8)

Frank

Bigstik

Good to see you again Frank. Interesting 'Guillows conversion'. More info please.
Bigstik

Frank v B

Alan,

Great you could wind your way into town for the Bramal-E-Fly.  The Guillows challenge was an Andy thing... of course.  ;D He posted a picture of a Guillows rubber band powered plane and listed it as my winter project, so I bought one, put an E-Flite 180 on the nose, 2 cell 200 mah batteries and two 2.5 gram servos to move the rudder and elevator.  It flew just before you arrived at the field on Saturday.  It flies very controllably... even in my hands and almost made the 36" wide runway on the landing.
The original report is under the Build/Construction heading on page 3 with the heading
"Andy Hoffer- your build class model choice- It flew today!!!"

"never grow up"

Frank

piker

I'm sorry I missed the Bramal-E-Fly this year.  I hope I can make it next time!