Frenchman's Bay Float Fly July 30?

Started by Wingnutz, July 24, 2016, 08:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutz

Doesn't really fit Greg's "This Week at TEMAC" so thought I'd ask here. I know the seven day forecast for July 30 is iffy but if Rob's still tied up with renos, is there any way we can get a rescue boat to FB? Best I can bring is a SUP (stand up paddle board) and I don't look anything like the SUP gals we met at FB last summer ;D
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

It's a little early to be sure, but I should be able to support this one.  Let's keep an eye on the forecast and I'll keep you guys updated with my progress. 

battlestu

thanks guys :) ... iv'e got nothing that floats any more but i'll be out with the camera.
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Wingnutz

TWN's forecast is improving :D

Sat Jul 30
Mainly sunny HRS SUNLIGHT 8
HIGH 25°C FEELS LIKE 28 NIGHT 16°
POP 20% 24 HR RAIN 5-10 mm
WIND 10 km/h NE

battlestu

Wingnutz

Quote from: battlestu on July 26, 2016, 01:04:19 PM
sooo who is going to be the first to build one of these?

http://www.popsci.com/china-unveils-giant-seaplane#page-2

Greg

The six bladed props look pretty cool but I'd never get it finished for this weekend's float fly and it'd be pretty big for Frenchman's Bay anyway ;D

battlestu

no worries Bill the next one is in two weeks ;)

Crash

Please provide Frenchmans Bay directions. My sense of directions is off course right now.
Thanks

Crash alias MB

Wingnutz

Hi Michael,
From memory, here's how I get there;
401 E to White's Road
White's Road S to Oaklahoma
Oaklahoma E to West Shore
West Shore S to Spit Road(my name, sorry)
Spit Road E to flying area
I'm sure the digital whizzes will come up with a Google Maps version.
Hope to see you tomorrow

EC forecast for Pickering
Sat July 30   A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming east 20 km/h in the morning. High 26. Humidex 29. UV index 8 or very high.
Night   Partly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low 17.

piker

Guys,

Sorry for the late notice but I just can't support the float fly tomorrow evening.  I'm still without a roof over our heads and I need every hour I can find to build (the house... not planes).  I need to return to work on Tuesday, so my time is very limited.  I'm putting up the trusses now, but the progress is slow as I'm mostly doing it by myself.

I'm very sorry.   I will be able to support the rest of the float fly's this summer... I'm sure.

battlestu

no worries Rob get your place fixed up

Bill let us know if you can bring out your paddle board; other wise i'll bring out my swimming suit :)

Greg

Wingnutz

SHORT STORY: JULY 30 FLOAT FLY AT FRENCHMAN's CANCELLED
Greg asked me to make a call on today's float fly,so, I'm going to take the old pilot approach and say we're cancelled. An SUP with an inexperienced paddler is not a viable RC floatplane rescue system, especially if it's windy, people crash far away or it's busy at Frenchman's.
If any of you are competitive level (or even competent) SUPers, I'm willing to take the bold pilot approach, bring my models and the SUP.

dvsail

Sorry you cancelled.   :'( Two of us from the Whitby flying club were there and waited over an hour hoping that someone would show up. Conditions were good to excellent. We even checked back on the website but nothing there about a cancellation.
Next time we'll be smart enough to look in the forum.  ;)
Is there another one this year?

Wingnutz

Dieter,
Sorry we missed you and your fellow float flyer with the post. Sorry too we had to cancel what turned out to be pretty nice evening...did the two of you fly?
Yes, there are more float flys scheduled , all on the TEMAC website calendar, but with Rob Pike our spiritual float fly leader and rescue boat guy busy keeping a roof over his head (literally), scheduled float fly dates need to be confirmed by date...usually here in the Other Events thread.
BTW, I float fly with a couple of Whitby guys at a Scugog...do you fly with the Scugog Float Flyers too?
Hope to see you float flying!