Flying at TEMAC

Started by Michael, June 04, 2004, 11:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the giant

It was noticed this week that there has been a lot of damage done to the corn while flyers have been retrieving "downed" aircraft.  Let us not anger the farmer and risk losing our new field.  We only have a yearly contract with the farmer which he could exercise the right not to renew if we continue to be careless.  If you need help working on perfecting your landings and flying in general.  "Aspire for excellence."  There is always room to improve.  Even I feel the need to practice landings periodically especially at a new field.  Fly smart and fly safe.

Andre

Michael

Last night there was one guy who landed deep in the corn twice. Perhaps you can give him some lessons on safe flying and how to land properly.

The guy's name is Robert Pike.

By the way, another farmer came by last night and spoke to us. He said that normally after growing corn, the next logical thing to grow is beans, which do not grow very high.

Michael
Michael

piker

I'm also the one who noticed the corn being damaged.  Now you know how I noticed it  

Hey!  If my motor would keep going I would hit the field most times.....

It was a fantastic couple of evenings at TEMAC.  I'm planning for the same next week.

The road in has a drain pipe now, but the ruts need filling in.  I'll try to get there this weekend and get some gravel down.  In the meantime, go easy through there.

Piker

piker

The picture that Daphne posted are:

1. Michaels GWS Tigermoth with Hacker motor.
2. I dunno.  Was this a full size that flew over?
3. My Rascal with geared Sp400 that I burned out (and landed in the corn).
4. Daphne's Slow Stick.
6. My unpainted 1/6 Cub.

Thanks for the pictures.

Robert

destinyy

Ha!  Right on for #2, Rob!  My mum wanted me to put that one in there to see if you guys would pick up on it...  pretty good!  Well, I guess since it doesn't really look like any of the others that flew that day, it wasn't all THAT hard, but I still think that's pretty good.  

D.

oldtrc

I just came from the TEMAC field about an hour ago and the driveway was alot better than yesterday. If anybody who wants to come tomorrow I think it should be better if it doesn't rain tonight.
Nestor

piker

The slushy part of the driveway (where the water was settling) is a work in progress.  We need more gravel down and some way to stabilize it.  It'll get better over time if we can prevent the rain water from pooling there.

I'm planning to go to TEMAC on Wednesday and/or Thursday evenings this week.  

Robert

piker

quote:
Ha! Right on for #2, Rob! My mum wanted me to put that one in there to see if you guys would pick up on it

It was hard to tell, but I didn't recall anyone having that style of plane there.  It looks like a Piper Cherokee.

Daphne (and anyone else), are you going to TEMAC this week?  Did you get out this weekend?

Robert

destinyy

Like to say yes, but don't know how the schedule is going to go just yet.  I may just 'show up' some evening.  If people are there, that's awesome, if not, that's cool too.  

piker

Guys,

I'm planning to go to TEMAC tomorrow (Wednesday) evening if it's not raining.

Robert