2016 Flight Instruction Ends this week

Started by thehaze, September 19, 2016, 10:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

Just a reminder to all you student pilots out there that this week will be the final week for Wednesday night flight instruction for the 2016 season. I know it's a sad moment, but with the sunset getting earlier everyday (this week it will be around 7:15pm) we are running out of time to fly (unless you are Oscar).

To celebrate the amazing time we had this year we will be hosting the annual president's bbq, for all those who were part of the Wednesday night crew this season. Simon will be grilling up a selection of Pizzas  ::) this year, so make sure you stop by and enjoy.

This doesn't mean the flying needs to stop. It just means things get a little less organized and if you still require an instructor on a buddy box you will need to make some arrangements with the instructor of your choice to attend to the field at that same time as you. Do not show up to the field with your model and a trainer cord hoping someone will fly with you. I can't stress this enough, instructors sometimes like to fly models that aren't apprentices (or is it apprentie?) and need some time to enjoy the hobby on their own. So once again, it's best to use the forum or any other means of communication you have to make arrangements before you head to the field.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Wingnutz

I'm sure Simon will make the grilled pizza imPREZive...may unseat hot dogs as TEMAC's event food of choice! Wouldn't miss it!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

thehaze

What a perfect day to end the season!!!

Flying starts @ 6pm

Michael

It was perfect!

Warm and almost windless, flying conditions were great. There was lots of flying from mid-afternoon until sunset.

Pizza was great!
Michael

BJROB

Yes it was an awesome time. So many planes.... It was fantastic.
The BBQ pizza was hot off the grill. And so good.
I want to thank all the guys that helped out this season of training.
For seeing that I can crash with the best of them.
Who can forget the wind sock (that was not a crash...really)
Anyway thanks guys it was so much fun....
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

thehaze

One of the nicest nights of the season!

Congrats to Andy for earning his wings last night! And congrats to all who did so over the course of the 2016 season. Of course a giant thank you to the instructors who volunteer their time to come out and make all this happen.

It's been a blast being the CFI at TEMAC over the last 4 ish years. It was my pleasure to contribute to such a fantastic club.

Michael

Mateen, Simon and I flew our Mustangs in formation near the end of the daylight (other 'night'-flying continued after), and we did some nice close formation low-passes.

This was a lot of fun, and I hope we get to do more of that.
Michael