Ryerson- flying Sat Dec 10

Started by Frank v B, December 10, 2016, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Well, what a day.  It snowed, it was cold.... but the wind was down the runway for the first time ever.  No dreaded cross-winds that we have had whenever we tried to fly this plane.

My wife phoned and asked me where I was.  When I told her, I know what she was thinking. "it is snowing, it is blowing, it is cold, it is winter.  Are you stupid?"  Yes dear.
She is trying to find a psychiatrist qualified to see me.

We had two short flights but the telemetry would not get going and we couldn't get it going.  We think the telemetry was smarter than we were.  No way it wanted to work in this cold.  Oh well.  Failure is part of experimentation and discovery. 8)

No data but Alton did get some on-board video I am hoping he will post here.

Thanks to BJ for coming out in support of our efforts.  Maybe we can get a two-for-one psychiatric assessment. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

altonyeung

SNOW SNOW SNOW

Nothing worked today except Frank's brilliant flying skill. When it's up in the air the plane doesn't seem to know where it's pointing at nor where it's going. Even the camera is having a hard time, the video file of the 2nd flight seems to be missing.  :-\
We had to cut both of the flights short because figure out what went wrong in order to continue testing. We still haven't figured out why, Bill and I will be working on the post-flight analysis.

Nevertheless I have uploaded the video of flight #1. Don't try to adjust the brightness of your screen, it's just the snow  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcCODykfEHw

No I didn't forget to bring the top cowling ::). I just figured we should add some contrast to the all white wing on a snowy day  ;D

- Alton

sihinch

Frank v B

Simon,

re: "Crazy!"

There's a difference between "passionate" and "crazy".... but probably very little.  "missed it by that much"*   ;D

Frank

* Don Adams- Get Smart (the TV show).
"Never trade luck for skill"