Annual Report from the Events Director 2016

Started by sihinch, December 14, 2016, 05:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

We had a lot of events in 2016. In all it was good year and most important we had fun. If I recall correctly we only had one event canceled because of weather and I hope our luck keeps up over 2017.
1. New Year's fun fly
o 16 brave souls showed up for the news year fun fly.
o Frank and Andy sported some fantastic winter wear.
o Even with the cold everyone had a great time.
2. Build/Repair Classes
o This year we opened up the classes. I was opened ended so members could build and repair their own projects.
o In all it was well attended and everyone learned something new and fixed up there little mistakes they had over the flying season.
o A big thank you to Frank van Beurden, Michael Rogozinsky and Robert Pike as expert advisors and build coaches.
3. Float Flying Frenchman's Bay
o We had some challenges with weather and schedules in making this happen this year. I'll continue to work with Rob to make this happen more this year.
o The few times it did happen everyone had a great time. Looking forward to more float flying next year.
4. May-den Day
o It was a great day for a may-den ;)
o Many new planes came out to make their debut at TEMAC.
o In all another great day of fun and flying for all.
5. EF-1
o Another great outing in Orangeville. As usual we met for coffee and then off to see Ken and boys for some 3 pole racing action.
o A very strong showing from the TEMAC team and a great time for all.
o As always we were hosted and welcome by Ken Fluney and his racing buddies.
6. Warbirds Day
o As memory recalls it was a really hot one but it was great seeing all the warbirds in action.
o It was still a lot of fun for all who came.
7. Kingston Electric Fun Fly
o There was a good TEMAC representation at the Fun Fly. Martin Irvine as always was a great host.
o It's was a great weekend. Plan on coming out in 2017. Come and see all the great models and enjoy a great weekend.
8. Annual Fun Fly
o The Annual Fun fly was a well-attended affair that provided lots of entertainment and socializing.
o This continues to be one of our best events and looking forward to next year's events.
9. President's BBQ
o This year we changed it up and we had a president's bbq pizza night.
o It's way for TEMAC to celebrate the end of student training. It is a way for the club to thank the students and instructors for all their time and efforts.
10. Skills Challenge
o Again this is the most anticipated club event of the year. We let everyone pick the events this year.
o The response was terrific with everyone enjoying themselves whether participants or spectator.
11. Pilot's Meetings
o Pilot's meetings continue to be well attended. The themes generate a lot of discussion and I'm always open to suggestions for topics you want to cover.
o We are always looking for new ideas. If you have a topic you are passionate about and want to tell the club about it. Feel free to contact me (or any board member)

I would like to thank all of the volunteers that came out to help and support the club. It's that spirt that makes the club such a great place to be a part of. We never seem to run out of people who will step forward to help much of the time without being asked. As always keep an eye on the events calendar and feel to contact me if you have any ideas for pilot's meets or events.

Greg Hazelton
Events coordinator, TEMAC
Dec 14, 2016.

Wingnutz

Thanks Greg...you've filled some pretty big shoes very well.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

bweaver

Yes, great job Greg.

I would like to make a recommendation for this year.  Let's have a FUN CUB FLY

I feel that many members are likely to have some type of a Cub or similar type aircraft in their possession that could pass for a Cub.  Having such an event planned for this year may even encourage some of those members with unfinished Cubs lingering in there homes to be resurrected and flown this coming year. 

Think of how much fun it could be.  Some people say Cubs are boring.  I say they are majestic in flight and have great character on the ground.

Such an event doesn't to be major activity.  Doesn't have to even be a full day.  Maybe all we have to do is set a time and date for those that interested in partaking. 

I would be happy to get it going if there is enough interest.  Let me know.

:)

battlestu

Hi Bruce,

Good timing I'm just getting next years events lined up but I'd be open to a fun cub fly ... nothing fancy but something like Bill does with BoB feels right. We can talk more at the pilots meeting.

BTW I wonder who you could be talking about here ;)

Quote from: bweaver on January 04, 2017, 10:15:26 PM
I feel that many members are likely to have some type of a Cub or similar type aircraft in their possession that could pass for a Cub.  Having such an event planned for this year may even encourage some of those members with unfinished Cubs lingering in there homes to be resurrected and flown this coming year. 

Thanks
Greg

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Wingnutz

Quote from: battlestu on January 05, 2017, 09:15:12 AM
Hi Bruce,

Good timing I'm just getting next years events lined up but I'd be open to a fun cub fly ... nothing fancy but something like Bill does with BoB feels right. We can talk more at the pilots meeting.

BTW I wonder who you could be talking about here ;)

Quote from: bweaver on January 04, 2017, 10:15:26 PM

Thanks
Greg
Greg, Bruce,
Sorry for the slow response, but GO FOR IT! I'm in for the FUN CUB FLY.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

bweaver

There are a number of morning crew members and others I have spoken with who are also interested in a cub fun day too, so I am looking at maybe early in July on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.  I will start a separate thread for the event.  Thanks for your support Billy. 

Without mentioning any names, I know someone who could use the time between now and then to finish off their cub and perhaps even have it maidened by then.  I also know someone with a big cub that they may still have at their disposal as well. 

It should be a fun time!

Michael

Michael

mawz

I'm in, gives me an excuse to sort out my 250 CWC