Spectra

Started by octagon, December 31, 2016, 04:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

Finished the structure for the GP Spectra. Just waiting for spoilers from HK for it. Needs final sanding and covering of course. Think I will use Parklite covering. Never used it before, anyone have an opinion of if?
What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

I don't know about the covering, but I know that's a great flying model.
Michael

octagon

Fuselage  and tail covered . Don't have enough parklite until Saturday to cover the wings. Radio ESC, Motor and servos in, everything works. Have to make the control rods, cover the wings and then it is done. Nice kit for anyone thinking about building a  smallish sailplane (78 inches).  Turns out Parklite is nice to work with, does not need as much heat as Ultracote. The white is pretty translucent, but appears to be very light and yet strong.

octagon

I finished the Spectra yesterday and started on the Windfree. I have the wings done pretty much, so now on to the fuse. This kit was a winch or high start model, so some planning, re battery placement, firewall construction will have to be done. The wings plug into metal spars as opposed to being held in place with rubber bands, and so some sort of access to allow me to get at the battery will have to be engineered. I enjoy the challenge of coming up with solutions for this kind of stuff.