Partly-scratch-built Racing Red Mustang

Started by Michael, January 08, 2017, 02:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Even with all that mess, things are coming together.

Michael

Michael

Basic painting is done and radio installation is next. The photo is from the last 'TEMAC Pilot's Meeting".

Michael

Michael

Radio and landing retractable gear installation complete, hinges glued in, and wings glued on. All wiring is accessible from from the battery hatch area.

Still to do: battery tray, balance, details, painted and/or plastic film trim windows and decoration, adjust throws and get a bigger prop.

Michael

Michael

Oh yeah, and engine exhausts, and air-cooling too.
Michael

piker

looking really good! It'll be fantastic when decorated.

Oh, and that runway is very well groomed.

Michael

Very slow progress .....
Michael

Michael

A bit more ...

Michael

Michael

Engine exhausts are one of the essential characteristics to a P51 Mustang, these constructed of foam sheet and a plastic straw.

Michael

Michael

more ...

Michael

Michael

... stripe ...
Michael

sihinch

bweaver

Clearly Simon, red stripe might taste good but it clearly wouldn't show up!  It had to be a white stripe...

Looking great Micheal.

Michael

I don't know if this will work, or if it's worth the effort, but I'm trying to make functional landing gear doors.

They are made of of a two-piece foam sandwich with epoxy for strength, but I'm not sure they're strong enough. If it functions, I may fiberglass these parts for additional strength.

I also applied some lettering to the bottom of the left wing.
Michael

octagon

Very nice job Michael. Like the way your Mustang looks. You mentioned you are trying to make functional doors. Are you are trying to make inner doors that will close to cover the wheels after the main gear closes?
What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

Michael