Weekend project - PVC rack

Started by Oscar, January 08, 2017, 10:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

Usually getting the 3/4" PVC pipe and PVC joints requires a short trip to US home depot.   :P  Past weekend, I found Home Depot in HighTech / Bayview (50, Red Maple Road, Ontario, Richmond Hill, L4B 4K1) carries them.   :D

Here is my Sunday project.   :)

Frank v B

Nice dining room! Your wife is not home?
If I ever did that at home I would find my planes for sale on EBay.... if I were lucky.  :D

Nice work... but waaayyy too organized.  No sense of adventure and discovery.  Oh, here is where this plane went. Like finding a $5.00 bill in an old pair of pants.  It shouldn't have been left there but neat to find it.;D

One day closer to spring.  Yeah.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

octagon

For God's sake Oscar, save yourself before your wife gets back from wherever she is. Do like Simon taught me. Hide your planes in a place where they can not be easily seen like a storage locker with only one key to the lock!
What could possibly go wrong?

Wingnutz

Nice job Oscar! Looks like your racks might be in your living room or dining room...your wife really loves you! Follow Rob's advice and it should stay that way!
I built my first rack four years ago out of 1-1/2" ABS to allow more models to be stored in the space I had. When I moved in September of 2016, the racks became a crucial part of safely moving the 40+ models in my hangar. The racks evolved over several build sessions and when it was time to move, they were extended upwards to accommmodate more models and strengthened and stabilized to stand the 200 km trip in the back of a rented cube van. The racks were screwed to the van floor and stabilized with light rope. Models were secured to the racks using foam pipe wrap and packing tape so that nothing but foam touched the models. The racks were a complete success moving the models...not a scatch.
I allowed the movers we hired to move two of my smaller models...they broke one.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Frank v B

Hey Mr. Nutz,

re:"When I moved in September of 2016, the racks became a crucial part of safely moving the 40+ models in my hangar. The racks evolved over several build sessions and when it was time to move, they were extended upwards to accommmodate more models and strengthened and stabilized to stand the 200 km trip in the back of a rented cube van. The racks were screwed to the van floor and stabilized with light rope. Models were secured to the racks using foam pipe wrap and packing tape so that nothing but foam touched the models. The racks were a complete success moving the models...not a scratch."

Reading between the lines, the executive summary is: never move!

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Wingnutz

Frank, ...too late for advice! Already in Bobcaygeon!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!