TEMAC Pilot's Meeting Feb. 8, 2017

Started by Michael, February 08, 2017, 09:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Another great meeting, lead by Graham, and then with a terrific (and funny) presentation about combat models by Bruce. Then some Show and Tell, and general discussion.
Michael

Oscar

As Michael said, another great meeting last night.   :D

piker

Yes!  Very modest turnout, but a fun and motivating meeting with lost of laughs, great talk by Bruce, and some excellent show and tell.

This War Wing thing sounds like a blast.  I think I need to retire  ;D  Or help fuel a weekend addition.

BJROB

I not sure about them morning crew pilots.
having so much fun.... I'm going to have to retire as well
Bruce did awesome presentation,
Michael and Frank awesome builds,
War wings now that sounds like major fun.
I'll want to build a few of them planes...
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

bweaver

BJ,

Building them is only a necessary evil. 

Flying them is what's great!!!   :o

piker

I thought repairing them... the inevitable... was the necessary evil.

It'll kind of be like indoor flying, but with the acceptance and expectation of having to rebuild the fleet after each day of flying.

Actually, that offers opportunity for innovation in crash resistance, modular design, and reconstruction efficiency.  Instead of building to fly, not crash... we build to crash, and fly somewhat   ;D

bweaver

Well said.  Remember the trick is to pick up all the pieces. This promotes 'efficiency in reconstruction' and using damaged parts promotes the practice of 'modular reconstruction'.

BJROB

So Bruce
When flying combat do we fly with eyes open or closed.
I notice that in the morning the sun is facing you all
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Michael

I'm ready to start building my combat plane.

Please, can someone post links to anything applicable on this or any other website.
Michael

octagon

Here are the plans and info for what the morning guys fly. Cadez and I both built one last fall and flew them. They are quite fun and easy to build and fly (and also to hit yourself in the ass with, breaking the fuselage and leaving a nasty mark........long story).  You can get the foam you need at Lowes and One sheet is enough to build at least 2 planes.

http://www.csms-rc.org/delta_assembly_instructions.pdf
What could possibly go wrong?

bweaver

Micheal,  I missed your post above.  "Please, can someone post links to anything applicable on this or any other website."

Yes I fell down on my commitment made at the meeting to place the information on the website. 

Later today I will be updating the Combat post with more information.  I have found my memory stick from my presentation (may be a good thing, may be a bad thing). 

I will place important information about the foam WarWing construction modifications many in the morning crew have made to this aircraft and include some helpful tips for those considering stepping into this madness.

Go to this link for additional Combat information. http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,5678.msg39094.html#msg39094