Winter build

Started by Canuke, February 11, 2017, 12:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuke

This winter my wife and I weren't going away till the month of March (Portugal) so I decided to do a balsa build for a change. I decided on the "Space Walker" from Bang Good. It came in with no written instructions (just some drawings) and quite a few mislabelled parts. I began the project and made 2 beautiful and strong wing haves. The problem was when I tried to fit them together they were actually both left wings. I wasn't sure what to do next so I showed them to my wife for advice. After she stopped laughing (it took her a few minutes) she suggested I order a 2nd kit and make 2 right wings this time. Women can make complicated things simple. This I did, my thinking was the 2nd plane would be good as a spare for the inevitable crash. I wrote the morning flyers and told them and asked if anyone wanted to buy the 2nd kit after I built it. Dr. John said he would buy it and I now have completed both. I am going to suggest we both not fly them in formation together. I had a prior experience of flying in formation with several identical P51's. I thought I was doing well until I was tapped on the shoulder and was told my plane had crashed.

Frank v B

Frank

How brilliant of your wife.  The brilliant part now is that if we all pull this trick we have double the airplanes in our hangers.  ;D Remember a good plane collection is always one short.  We can only pull this trick once per member. :D

Next on your list.  Dealing with the response to "There is balsa dust everywhere!"

Welcome to building with wood.

The other Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"