Scratch built Heath Parasol

Started by Michael, March 04, 2017, 08:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

More detail-work pending.

Michael

bweaver

Just a hint... a prop would really make a difference.  Looking great without one anyways.  Can't wait to see it fly.

Michael

Details:

Construction of a pilot from very light styrofoam. (Don't judge until it's finished.  ;D)

Fake top aileron linkages for show only.

Real aileron linkages, with offset servo arm to avoid adverse yaw. (Adverse Yaw is when too much down aileron slows and stalls an aircraft. The angled position limits down aileron.)

Windshield and dashboard installed.
Michael

Michael

(Stupid weather!  >:(   I'd rather be flying!)

Anyway .... I've tried 4 different types of pilot figures and construction techniques, but I've given up trying to get the perfect pilot, at almost no weight.

What I did instead, is I found an image through google, colourized it with Photoshop, printed a left and right version, and glued it to a sheet of depron, which was carefully cut out.

Until I find something better, this is my pilot figure.
Michael

sihinch

It might be difficult to find something better than that! Wow, looks awesome!!!!

Michael

Finished! 23 ounces (about 650 grams), with battery.

Now I wait for calm weather.

Michael

bweaver

I am always impressed with the quality of what you build.  I can't wait now to see it fly. 

Wingnutz

The detailing is great, particularly the dash! Is it scale or were the dashes in Heath Parasols all different?
Do you have your pilot's phone number? She looks pretty hot! Amelia Earhart maybe?
Great work again Michael!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Michael

Heath Parasol airplanes were home-builts, and I don't think any two were exactly the same.
Michael

sihinch

Yeah, I built one too, and mine looks different!

bweaver

Quote from: sihinch on May 01, 2017, 11:27:47 AM
Yeah, I built one too, and mine looks different!
:P Bruce! (Bite your tongue imoji)

piker