2017 Kingston Electric Funfly

Started by Michael, March 06, 2017, 03:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Michael

octagon

I think it is the weekend of June 24th. I am going. This time I will bring my sun shelter.
What could possibly go wrong?

bfeist

piker

Yep.  I expect to be able to go too!

It's a regular "Airplane Guys Weekend" away.  Everyone who like to fly planes and hang out should join us!   ;D

sihinch

Michael

I'm assuming the funfly is the 25th and 26th of June.

I usually book a motel for the Friday and Saturday nights; this time the 23rd and 24th.

The usual motel, the Wilton-Odessa, is currently for sale, and is not taking reservations.

If a few of us go, it might be nice to stay at the same motel, preferably somewhere where ground floors are available.

Any suggestions?
Michael

octagon

We have stayed at the Best Western Fireside in a few times. They have nice rooms, a good bar/restaurant and I think and outdoor pool. I think their rates are about $160 a night. The rooms all have ground access. The other place that comes to mind is the Ambassador Hotel. It is good to, somewhat cheaper, but they only have 2nd floor rooms. Too bad about the Wilton Hilton, that was a nice place.

Michael

Dates confirmed!

Club:        KINGSTON R/C MODELLERS
Event:       KRCM Electric Fun Fly
Sanction #:  2017-568
Date:        June 24, 2017 to June 25, 2017

More details are on the MAAC site.

Martin
Michael

piker

Any thoughts on motels?

As much as a room with a shower was very nice, I may just end up camping.  It IS summer after all  ;D

Either that or maybe bring the Airstream, if I can get the brakes working   :o

Michael

I'll be looking into possible hotels over the next few days.

I won't book anything until I share information here first.
Michael

wollins

should I come? I've forgotten how to fly!  :(
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Michael

Of course you should!

You're a great flyer, and you're fun to be with!
Michael

the giant

I just love to see how big of an air mattress Colin can stuff into a little tent. ;D

I am looking forward to some Saturday evening float flying. The Widgeon is coming.

Michael

I've been told that the Wilton Hotel in Odessa (near the flying field) may be closing, and they're not taking reservations.

Here is a link of hotels not too far away; near the hobby store and the restaurants we usually visit.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Travelodge+Kingston+LaSalle+Hotel/@44.2577089,-76.5601854,15z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1shotels+kingston+ontario!3m4!1s0x0:0xd339e4900b2644da!8m2!3d44.2587397!4d-76.5534586

I've stayed at the Seven Oaks before; it's not fancy, but it's basic and cheap (Approx. $80/night), and the rooms are on ground level, which is good if you're carrying in charging equipment.

Across the road is the Travelodge LaSalle, which seems better, (it's approx. $92/night), but most rooms are not ground level.

Any preference?

Michael

octagon

I like the looks of the Seven Oaks and the fact it is ground level, so that gets my vote.