Looking for EFlite Apprentice for new member

Started by ethane, March 07, 2017, 09:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethane

Hi there, my son is hoping to join TEMAC this year and learn to fly.  I've been told the best plane to have is the EFlite Apprentice, so I'm wondering if anyone has a used one for sale or that we could rent for the season?  Any advice also welcome!

I signed up under my son's name (Ethan) but this is his mom (Tory), and I guess I'll be the full member.  Looking forward to the flying season!

Frank v B

Ethan and Tory,

Welcome to the world of RC flying models and to TEMAC.

I am the keeper of the Club's Apprentice and one of the flight instructors...when Graham lets me fly.  ;D   This model has had lots of flights on it and has been generously donated to the Club by Malcolm Cullen.  It has also been at the centre of two repair class sessions.

On the first good weekend day before the teaching season starts (usually May), I will take Ethan up on the buddy box for a flight to see if he likes it.  The first flight is free under MAAC insurance.  If he likes it on the first flight, he can fly the club trainer provided he gets MAAC insurance.  This way there is no rush to invest in a model. 
The model is also being used by the Air Cadets so we will have to do a bit of juggling.  This allows you to keep your eyes open for a used model.

Frank van Beurden
"Never trade luck for skill"

ethane

Thank you so much Frank, much appreciated!  That sounds perfect.  My son has his MAAC membership and is building a little plane for future use, so getting a feel for flying one would be great before making the investment in something bigger.  We look forward to meeting you on the air field!
Tory & Ethan

Frank v B

Ethan,

Great flying start yesterday.  The crash was deliberate and not your fault.  There was no control so when it re-set, I gave it full "down" elevator to avoid it from going over the road.  Some more cynical members would call it a normal flight by Frank. 8)

If you are coming to the build class on Wednesday, bring your small plane project or at least the parts for it.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

adyg

I have an Apprentice 15e RTF (with Safe) for sale with spare parts and 3 batteries but no charger. The original charger went dead and there are better aftermarket chargers. Contact me for more details.