TEMAC Build Class March 22

Started by bweaver, March 09, 2017, 09:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

I have offered to start this "Build Class Post" on Frank's behalf to let our club members know what is being offered exclusively to those who wish to participate at the next class.

For only $7 per kit you can get started building you own WARWING COMBAT aircraft.  This is a one time only offer. You have to enlist now by replying to this thread to let me know how many kits you wish to purchase.  (Limit of 2 kits per person- you must attend the class to participate and pickup your kits - orders must be received in advance as noted.)

What will you receive in exchange for $7.00 at the next build class?
You will receive a two piece blue foam board fuselage and a 2 piece blue foam board delta wing.

During the class you will be guided on how to construct and finish your aircraft.  Instruction will include how to...

-Epoxy the wing pieces together (bring your own 5 minute epoxy)
-Cut, shape and attach the elevons (tape hinges provided)
-Reinforce the top and bottom of the wing (fiberglass reinforcing tape provided)
-Cut and install the 2 elevon servos (bring your own servos - 4 plywood pieces for mounting the servos will be provided)
-Epoxy the top and bottom of fuselage pieces to wing.
-Construct the motor mount using inexpensive pieces of ply and wood (you must supply and cut your own materials. I will post details of what is needed if you wish to prepare the pieces in advance of the class.
-Balance the Warwing and mount your battery, receiver and ESC. (Velcro and zip ties - you provide)
-Personalize and finish your Warwing including techniques for attaching the target ribbon.

The photo below shows what the kit includes.  Note that the two pieces of the wing have been glued together in this photograph.

I forgot to add this link to a warwing built by Micheal using the kit. http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6094.0.html

BJROB

That's awesome Bruce
Sign me up for 2 of them wings
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Frank v B

Bruce,

Thanks for taking the lead on this project.  I will take one so I can follow. :D

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Crazyflyer

Hi Bruce, Eric, Julien and I will each take one. (3 all together)
Stephan

octagon

Hey Bruce, I will take one thank you.
What could possibly go wrong?

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

Count me in for two!  Thanks Bruce!

You should have let me bring one to the wind tunnel to see how fast they are  ;D

Skyking917

Hi Bruce, sign me up for one.  I will watch for the electronic/motor specs/guidelines so I can try to gather them in time for the class.

ethane

Oops I just posted my message to the wrong board I think.
My son and I just joined this year and I see this project starting - looks cool! We would love to do this with you.  Is it too late to join? 
We will be away March 22nd, but we can make it in April. 
Ethan & Tory

pmolano

bweaver

Response to Ethane and Tory,

This is  a great hobby/activity for Ethane to get into.  I have read your previous post which indicates that Ethane is just getting into the hobby this year and will be learning to fly.  http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/board,29.0.html

Welcome to the club!

With respect to your request for a Warwing kit at this time; unfortunately I only plan on putting together enough kits for this March 22nd build session.

However, when Ethane has learned to fly and gets his wings, as a graduation gift, I will provide him with a Warwing all put together, ready for him to install his own motor and electronics and to decorate to his liking. Perhaps during the flying season he will be able to accumulate the necessary components from other club members, either for free, or at a very reasonable cost.

In my next post on this Warwing build, I will provide a detailed list of the items required to complete the aircraft for those participating in the March 22nd build session and for your information as well.

I look forward to seeing you out at our Wednesday evening instruction nights.  Once again, welcome to the club. 

bweaver

Supplies and tools participants must bring or have to build their Warwing (refer to photo below if necessary)

•   5 minute or 15-minute epoxy,  (if 15 minute epoxy is selected, also bring your patience) – also bring paraphernalia for mixing and applying epoxy
•   knife for cutting foam and straight edge for cutting straight lines
•   quality 1/8" minimum plywood firewall for motor mounting. (thicker than 1/8" if desired) It should be a minimum of 2" x 2" or larger if your motor mount requires it to be
•   electric motor and ESC, mounting screws, nuts and bolts, blind nuts – your choice,
•   examples of electric motor include - Rimfire .10, Turnigy G10, alternatively any brushless motor and ESC from a foamy aircraft, such as a Parkzone, Eflite, Durafly, FMS, or similar 1100 to 1200 mm wingspan aircraft 
•   Note – the fuselage reinforcing plywood and rear firewall mounting wood is being provided as part of kit – (Moroccan quality only)
•   2 servos and mounting screws or alternative glue for securing servos if preferred (plywood servo mounts will be provided as part of kit)
•   2 pushrods and linkages for servo to elevon connections. (2 plywood control horns will be provided as part of kit)
•   receiver and 2 sided tape for securing same
•   battery is necessary for finding balance point and battery placement (typically 3 cell 1800 to 2200 mah is used)
•   velcro strapping for securing battery
•   you also may require servo extensions, but they aren't necessary until finishing
•   zip ties will be provided as part of the kit

bweaver

Only one more kit available for next Wednesday night's build session.......  Who wants it  ???

Palkina

bweaver

DONE - All kits have been spoken for.

For those building the Warwing on that night, please refer to Reply # 11 for details of tools and supplies required for finishing the project.

See you Wednesday.  I am looking forward to it.