Field preparation

Started by Michael, May 27, 2004, 12:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the giant

It is amazing to see grass growing. (really, stop and watch it sometime) while we will not have a perfect field this year, you can expect a great flying field next. As a reminder, try to refrain from using the area of the field that has new grass growing.  

Thanks,
Andre

the giant

I Do believe it is time to get the grass portion of the field cut now.  If the proper channels could speak to the proper channels to make this happen we will be able to begin using the whole field. (that will allow me to bring out my big stuff to fly.)

the giant

Michael

I was planning on calling the gardiner tonight or tomorrow morning and asking him to cut it this Thurday.

I will let you know what transpires.

Michael
Michael

Michael

I spoke to the gardiner.

He will cut the proper field, full depth, fully to the south, and about 60 feet longer to the north, BUT, only if it does not rain by Thurday late afternoon. If it's too wet, it's too difficult a job, and he'll have to wait for dry weather.

If anyone wants to borrow the manual mower (it works very well) to cut any runway portion even lower, please contact me.

Please note: As you all know I am making every reasonable effort to have TEMAC succeed. So far, response and help has been very good. André Wedseltoft, John Werner and John Kusterim, and others, have contributed greatly. TEMAC is paying for every expense requested so far. Before the end of October, I would like to have a general meeting for TEMAC members to go over past expenses, projected expenses, and to get a better idea of what everyone wants to get out of this club, and what it will take to get more people out there flying.

Michael
Michael

bald warthog

I have just returned from flying at TEMAC. The driveway and parking area are very soft, very muddy. I regret going in, all I achieved was deepening the wheel ruts. The runway is drier, being higher elevation. The pits are wetter than the runway, it is slippery walking. The parking area is hazardous walking. Fortunately both flights ended with my EP wing landing within a few feet of my feet on the taxiway. Perhaps we shud stay away a few days until it has time to dry out a bit.

Rod (going off home now to powerwash my car)
Rod Clark C.E.T.
MAAC 69870
EMFSO 801
TEMAC 47

the giant

I was at the field on Wednesday night for flight training.  It was very soft.  I feared not being able to get out with my Pick/up.  That's how "greasy" it is.  We definitely need some dryer weather.  If you must go to fly (and who doesn't) take a flying buddy with you to help you get pushed out.

Andre, the giant

Michael

I just spoke to our gardener. The main field has been mowed!

I have not seen it yet; I don't know how much bigger the runway is yet, or exactly how much he did. I will see it on Saturday afternoon, and then I will give feedback to the gardener. Feel free to offer suggestions and comments in this forum.

This is the initial cut. Second and third cuts will improve substantially, according to the cardiner. He said the weeds/clover were quite difficult to cut.

As far as the wet driveway is concerned, perhaps we'll finally put in the small culvert we were talking about.

Michael
Michael