March 22 build class overview

Started by Frank v B, March 16, 2017, 08:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

This coming Wednesday, March 22 is another build class at Col Mustards.  After dinner we will head downstairs for the insult build skills exchange parading as a "Build Class". On tap are:

- Bruce Weaver will handle the Warwing build class or "How to insulate your house after being shot down in combat" :D
- I will handle a traditional balsa build session for those whose diet does not include foam.  I have to build a wing for my new model.  A 22.25" span pylon racer.... with wheels even.  I will bring covering materials as well if you need help at that stage of your build.
- Piker will have the choice to continue with his "Tricks with Balsa Sticks" if he is not attending the Warwing build session.  If he goes foam, I will handle balsa stuff on his behalf.
- The "Evil Quad" group can either do their stuff or build the 3 Warwings they have ordered.

Please attend even if you are not building a Warwing.  We will get your questions answered.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

Hey Frank.  Thanks for the update.

I do plan to build a war wing, but that should only take about 10 minutes... right?

I also plan to bring in my American Eaglet project but will likely not do any work on it there as I'll be messing with insulation materials.   ;D

But I'm always wiling, as you know, to offer my opinion on other people's builds and or questions.  You know what they say, opinions are like belly buttons*.  Everyone has one.

* alternate to actual saying for G rating content.

Frank v B

Piker,

Do as you wish.  So now you will be saying to your dear wife that you are going upstairs to work on the insulation. 8)  Just remember, our wives are not that easily fooled..... but we keep trying. ;D  We live with the false hope that we control our own destiny at home.*

Frank

* I offer 39 years of marriage worth of experience.... but only 29 years with model airplanes. :-X  I am soooo toast. :)

octagon

Hey Frank, I'm the boss at my house. My wife said I could be!
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Rob D.,

re:"I'm the boss at my house. My wife said I could be!"

You really believe that??  Just like when we had a dog and we said to people that she ran the household.... until she shat* on the carpet once.  "Here's the door.  Use it!"    She was soooo toast as well.

If you are the "boss" you still rank below the family cat in the pecking order of your household. ;).  Trust me.

Frank

* past pluperfect form of the word because it would not print the real word. ;D

Gregor77

piker

Will you be chewing on some foam tonight???

Frank v B

What an amazing build class.  It was a riot, totally organized chaos.  I counted 22 people present, 16 Warwings sold.  Great to see people like Glenn, Piker and Tuck there to either answer questions or ask them.

Some people took photos.  Let's start a caption contest.  There are probably some priceless photos on several iPhones. 8)

Thanks to Bruce for organizing and assembling the Warwing kits.  Thanks to the 16 people who bought the kits.

I re-gifted eight donated standard Futaba servos to BJ, Larry and Carlos.  They have not been in the hobby long enough to accumulate all this stuff.

Michael and Simon... we missed you!

Frank

bweaver

Yes I had a great time at the build class too.

Re - Michael and Simon... we missed you!

Yes Michael, I missed you.  You and Athol had prepaid for your kits at the last meeting and didn't show up. Athol already advised he couldn't attend.  I will hold yours until we can get together.  I am looking forward to seeing your next Warwing build using the latest version of the kit.

battlestu

great time as always... thanks to all the instructors that help make this happen!

Here are just a few of the shots i got yesterday
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

Quote from: bweaver on March 23, 2017, 07:59:17 AM
Yes I had a great time at the build class too.

Re - Michael and Simon... we missed you!

Yes Michael, I missed you.  You and Athol had prepaid for your kits at the last meeting and didn't show up. Athol already advised he couldn't attend.  I will hold yours until we can get together.  I am looking forward to seeing your next Warwing build using the latest version of the kit.

Can I have Michael's kit?

Michael

Mine's already built and ready to fly.

Sounds like I missed a great meeting. I was working.

Michael

bweaver

Michael, You gave me a fiver and a crisp two dollar bill at the last meeting.   I accepted this payment as an advance on purchasing one of the kits I planned on putting together for the March 22nd build night.  The Kit you received at the last meeting was given to you at the meeting due to the interest you had generated at the time. 

The new kit that you missed out on last night is significantly more advanced and improved. (more parts and fresher blue foam)  I hope you still wish to build it.  I would love to see another beautiful target   I mean another beautifully crafted Warwing built by you.

Michael

Michael

gmcnic

It was a hoot seeing how many ways Bruce's written instructions could be "modified".
I only took 1 photo of Bruce's car-- how many War Wings can you fit into it?