Temac floatfly with Beeton

Started by Frank v B, March 26, 2017, 06:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Temac has been invited to join the Beeton Flyers and the Bramalea RC Flyers for this year's Beeton Floatfly.  Last year 4   5  6 Temac members (Bruce Weaver, the two Kens, a Wingnutz, an Oscar performance and I)*# attended and had a glorious day. 

This year's event is Saturday, June 3.  The location is still to be confirmed because they are moving to a new pond.  Any Temac member is invited to attend.  We are in charge of cold drinks again this year.  The food was great last year.

Frank

* corrected to reflect a member's input.... one with a memory. ;D  Good thing it was still one hand.... carry the five.... 8)
# Adjusted a second time for Oscar.  That makes it one hand of fingers plus one.  Higher level math for sure. :D

"Never trade luck for skill"

Wingnutz

Quote from: Frank v B on March 26, 2017, 06:21:20 PM
Temac has been invited to join the Beeton Flyers and the Bramalea RC Flyers for this year's Beeton Floatfly.  Last year 4 Temac members (Bruce Weaver, the two Kens and I) attended and had a glorious day. 

" There were five of us Frank and it was a glorious day, except when Ken Rawlins flew his Kyosho Macchi m33 into a tree on the far side of the pond. I think he went back to get it the next day, and it was already gone..."

This year's event is Saturday, June 3.  The location is still to be confirmed because they are moving to a new pond.  Any Temac member is invited to attend.  We are in charge of cold drinks again this year.  The food was great last year.

Frank
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

bweaver

I have put it on my calendar. 

The last one was great.  I could only stay the morning, so this year I plan on making a full day of it....

piker

I'm looking forward to it!  I'll be there this year!

bweaver

Wingnutz

Pretty cool Bruce! HH would be proud. I enjoyed the "jump start" approach.
Some other videos popped up...the Japanese flying boat crash was a heart breaker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQVCBr0kkd4&ebc=ANyPxKqRy86j1ugcKMLkFZgnRIP6_KTNpCNn1fStBdpPaLsJGNfEbg34hQmsHqYdxUY7g982wUtsjlfYyKKonUS7qhO5jIZB9A
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

bweaver

I see on the calendar that something about this has changed, but no details.   ???

battlestu

sorry... The Beeton float fly was canceled so Rob was able to get the Claireville site instead.

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

bweaver

piker