Early Spring Flyers

Started by kmandjik, March 29, 2017, 03:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmandjik

The grass was wet and the temperature was a bit cool but other than that, the weather was just about right for the pent up desire for some of the members to get in some flying today. Ten eager beavers got out their planes and war wings to challenge the air. Frank's latest creation had a successful maiden voyage. Here are some photos of our field activity today.   :D

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

Man!  That Cadez War Wing looks like a fresh new target.  Right Bruce!!

octagon

Three combat pilots met in the skies over the muddy fields of Rogo field this afternoon. Engaging were Snoopy Cadez, Bruce Baron von Weavertofen and Rob, Dogs Body, Dickinson.  The first to engage were Snoopy and the seasoned Weavertoffen. Snoopy fought mightily, but with an ailing engine fell victim to the wiley pilot of the dreaded red and white machine. Sensing blood, Weavertoffen pounced and managed to shoot off the engine of Snoopy's trusty plane, while only suffering superficial damage to his own craft. With nothing else to do, and no way of rescuing it, Snoopy bailed out of the broken hulk. Weavertoffen turned his attention to the silver plane of Dogs Body. Luckily for the Canadian, he had the new Mark IX Warwing with the much improved Power 15 motor. This motor's extra speed allowed him to evade Weavertoffen. Both pilots twisted and turned, but to no advantage on either side, but with close misses by both. Eventually, after both returning to their aerodromes to refuel 3 times, and darkness setting in, both saluted the other and broke off combat. A search party was sent to look for Snoopy and he was found, shaken but unbowed and pledged to return to fight another day. In the briefing, Weavertoffen was heard to say "Next time he is mine". Dickinson was heard to say "I'll  be waiting for him".
What could possibly go wrong?

Candu

Thanks Karl for the pictures of my "creation".  Technically, it's supposed to be a VTOL. I normally video all my maiden flights but in rushing to the morning crew's lunchen date, I completely forgotten the video cameras and missed the VTOL's first transition flight from hover mode to forward flight mode. However, All is not lost, here is a video of it's hover test flight back in late January conducted in my backyard. Under the new Transport Canada Regulations Limit Model Aviation Activities, I wonder if this (backyard) test flight could be considered illegal. What do you think??

https://youtu.be/G24v8kOTrP4

sihinch

Since it was late January, you are probably OK. It was before the TC regs!  8)

But now, I'd say "lock him up!"  :o

bweaver

Quote from: piker on March 29, 2017, 04:16:20 PM
Man!  That Cadez War Wing looks like a fresh new target.  Right Bruce!!
Rob,  to state the circumstances correctly, "That Cadez War Wing was a fresh new target"

Great afternoon to start the season off.  I maidened my newly rebuilt P51.  It flew great........   What can you say?

bweaver

This afternoon I eagerly started to repair my Warwing after combat with poor Snoopy (recently departed).  Greg Cadez was kind enough to recover a portion of my bottom skid from the field after he found it while looking for his severed motor. 

I must report that the skid repair was clean and quick, however that bad Snoopy  >:( had left part of his propeller in my wing.  This ugly piece of propeller shrapnel appeared too close to other vital components of the aircraft to safely remove, so this wound will have to mend on its own. The shrapnel will remain. I only hope that infection does not set in. I have treated the wound, but only time will tell. 

Damn you SNOOPY!

Frank v B

Bruce,

re:"The shrapnel will remain. I only hope that infection does not set in. I have treated the wound, but only time will tell".

Don't ask your dear wife Katie about the damage/treatment and the possibility of infection.  She would recommend immediate amputation of the affected wing. ;D

It's safer to ask Cha*.

Frank

* Bruce's fierce 5 pound (when dripping wet) guard dog.

"Never trade luck for skill"