Let's Kick Winter to the Curb! this Sunday, April 2

Started by Frank v B, March 29, 2017, 08:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

That's it!  Seeing Bruce, Cadez and Rob flying fighting with Warwings means we must wage war against winter!!!

Let's meet on Sunday at 10:30 am at Tim's on Woodbine for a caffeine top-up and then be at the field for 11 am for a flight: as usual, rain or shine.  The forecast shows plus 9 cloudy with sun.  Good enough for me.

Come out and help kick winter to the curb.  I'll do it solo and report back if everyone is chicken. 8)

Frank

ps: Ryerson is coming out at noon to test fly their autonomous quad.  That should bring out the Hagens brothers.
"Never trade luck for skill"

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

OK Rob,  great!!

Coffee is on me.... and if Eric H. comes it will be all over me! ;D

Frank

bweaver

I have experience in kicking winter to curb.  See you there.  :)

Frank v B

OK guys.  Don't despair.  That white stuff that started today at 5 pm is just a smoke screen.  The last death throes of winter.  It will be fine for Sunday.  Someone just wants to mess with our heads.

Sunday... rain...or snow...or shine! 8)

Frank

bweaver

Sunday's weather is looking great.  I just hope the weather person hasn't screwed it up in their forecast.

Getting ready to charge my batteries again.  Taking out a few more than I did on Wednesday.

Michael

Sunday sounds good. I'm charging.

Can we drive in?

Michael

Frank v B

re: Bruce's "I have experience in kicking winter to curb."

Notice how Bruce has managed to change the white stuff to wet stuff. 
Today he is going to focus on pumping up the heat a bit. 
Tomorrow morning he plans to upgrade that orange globe in the sky from 4S to at least 6S. He's so good at it he will bring sunscreen for everyone.....SPF 20 even. :)

You watch.  He'll get it done. 8)

Great to see Michael can make it.

Frank

sihinch

Michael

Michael

bweaver

I had a little trouble getting in the other day...

Gregor77

It is so nice outside. It's almost cold beer weather. But I will settle with a coffee. See you guys soon.

Frank v B

WOW!! What a day.  I got a sunburn out of the deal.  Suffer!

Got to Tim's for a caffeine top up and BS exchange with Rob D and Bruce.  Got to the field at 11:15, set up and flew.  Then the cars started coming.  Simon, Glenn, Oscar, Loi, Michael, the Ryerson team of 3.

We even had two visitors drop by.

Winter is dead and buried... until the usual Easter snowstorm.  Two weeks to go to get completely out of the woods. :P

Frank

sihinch

Plus thank you to Frank for doing what you love to......wading in the dike to get the water flowing!  We all appreciate it.  And I know you enjoy it!  ;D

Michael was flying in style today.....check it out.

I was flying some old favourites - just to check to see if I've "still got it."  ;)

Michael

Agreed! Thanks Frank, for getting us out. It was fun!

I had 3 successful maidens, and went home happy!
Michael