Field Report and Clean Up

Started by gmcnic, April 21, 2017, 01:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmcnic

Hey fellow Temac'ers,

The weekend weather is shining up.  Today I took advantage of the soggy ground conditions following the recent rain to get the 1st rolling of the geotex done.  Believe me, it was like rolling a water bed.  Both the grass and geotex runway are very saturated. 

If possible, please try to limit walking on the geotex (runway and taxiways) to avoid leaving foot impression.  I am hoping for drier days to firm everything up.

Looking ahead to next week's Spring clean up (Sat. 29/April 9:00am), I would like to focus on seeding and rolling the pit area, rolling the grass on the north and south ends of the runway and as much of the grass runway as manpower permits.  It is heavy work and your legs take a beating, but with enough members helping out it should really make the field nice and smooth.  There is only 1 roller at the field and I realize rollers are not something easily put into the back of your cars, so we will take turns to get the job done. Hand seed spreaders are also needed.

There are many tears on the runway which will self-heal (get taped up) once the runway dries a bit—the tape does not stick to wet geotex.  There was a nice 2" wide x 2" deep crater in front of pilot station #2.   Looks like one of those abrupt vertical landings!   Craters, unfortunately, do not self-heal so please "replace your divots" with a bit of the abundant supply of raw material surrounding the field.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help next weekend.
The usual compensation of coffee and donuts is planned.

Graham

gmcnic

Just a reminder to please come out for some fun-in-the-sun tomorrow morning.
The weather looks to be cooperating for the clean up.  Perhaps a bit windy for flying.

Andy Hoffer will be out with us tomorrow, so please bring you annual fees for him if you have not already paid up for this season.
Coffee and donuts for paid-up members only!  ;D

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning.

Graham

Frank v B

re:"Andy Hoffer will be out with us tomorrow"

How terrible.  I won't be able to make it now because of 3 business appointments.  Andy will have no-one to pick on.  I have paid my membership and can't collect on the donuts.  Sometimes life is not fair. ;)
I wil be there Sunday morning.  Hide some donuts in the garden shed for me.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"