Canada 150 build...err, assembly...err, project

Started by Wingnutz, April 28, 2017, 11:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutz

Sometimes life gets in the way of building model airplanes!
It's been a while since I posted on my Canada 150 RC project, but I've gotten back to it this week and it's ready to maiden...I'll try to video the maiden and post.
For those who have forgotten, (or are too young to remember)  this was Canada's 100th birthday aerobatic demonstration team aircraft in 1967. Fast forward fifty years, change the paint scheme and you have our 2017 150th birthday aerobatic demonstration team aircraft... aka the Snowbirds! Hmmm...2067?
Wheels are for photos only. My local field has no geotex and the model's wheels are pretty small!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

That's beautiful, Bill!  Very nicely done!

Will you fly it within the 150th year?

sihinch

Wingnutz

Thanks guys. Rob, to answer your question, I will get it in the air at my local field as soon as the winds die down...bungee launch and belly land. Hopefully that's this year before the snow flies...flys?

bweaver

Another fine job Bill.  Let us know how it goes? 

tuck

Can you post the link where did you buy this rc plane. Thank you

Wingnutz

Tuck,
Sorry for the slow reply. Haven't checked the thread for a while.

http://haoyemodel.com/html/en/picshow-67-133.html

should take you to the CT-114 page on Haoye's (manufacturer but limited retail ) site, or I have one NIB red and white (Snowbird) version which I will sell at my cost.

Wingnutz

Some projects take a long time to come together. I had hoped it would be finished for Canada's 150th b'day but almost a year later, my Golden Centennaires CT-114 (Tutor) had its first successful flight at TEMAC's Jets Day!
Technically, it had its maiden flight just over a week ago, but that only lasted about ten feet off the end of the bungee ramp, so the successful Jets Day flight was a real joy for me. (On its maiden flight, the model rolled hard right off the launch ramp...one of the aileron  control horns had let go and the battery had moved...before or after impact, I'm not sure)
Thanks to Bruce for the hand launch and coaching...(I left the bungee at home!) and Greg Hazelton for the photos!
(I'll fix the photos later...fine on iPad but not PC)