Spring Field Maintenance - Apr 29 2017

Started by Andy Hoffer, April 29, 2017, 04:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Graham did a masterful job of herding the cats at TEMAC today, resulting in a great outpouring of well-directed physical energy which has put our field and infrastructure in great shape for the flying season.  Thanks so much to all who participated.  It sure helps make the job easier when we get such a good turnout!

After the work was all done, Simon demonstrated clearly why he is our president!  As these photos show, nobody does it better!!

Andy

sihinch

Yeah, it's the VTOL version of the Hurricane! It was kept secret for most of WW2 and only surfaced later.

Much, much later in Stoufville!

Thanks so much to everyone that helped today. Your efforts every year mean our field keeps on getting better and better, and we can fly each year longer & longer!

thehaze

Sorry I couldn't make the field clean-up. But with Graham on the case I have no doubt that the field is in it's usual tip top shape.

Simon really stuck that landing!
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

mawz

Thanks Simon for maidening my Valiant despite the gusty weather, and for letting me get some buddy-box time.

it certainly likes wind better than my Falcon EP.

gmcnic

What a great crew we had this morning.

We started off by seeding the pits and grass runway followed by some amazing rolling.
The geotex runway, 80% of the grass and the entire pit area were rolled.
I am sure there are some sore legs after all of that.

Ken R got the parking fence back in order while Glenn assembled a crew to clean out the drainage channels and work on the low spots in the parking area.  The heap of broken chairs was reduced to rubble and packed away in garbage bags.  Then right on cue, Bruce W arrived with the well-earned coffee, hot chocolate and doughnuts. 

Bruce W also brought something he's been working on.  It should be erected in the near future.  Stay tuned.

The grass (and yellow flowers) are growing, but grass cutting begins next week.

So to all of you who made it out today (probably around 18 or so), thank you so much for coming out.
The weather was a bit nasty but your contributions are really appreciated.

Graham

battlestu

thank you all for your hard work!!!... now for the sweet donut action shots  ;D

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

bweaver

Re: Your efforts every year mean our field keeps on getting better and better, and we can fly each year longer & longer!

And on week-days tooooooooooo Simon!  :-X