Evil Quadcopter Racer build group - Winter 2016

Started by Crazyflyer, October 20, 2016, 01:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyflyer

If anyone is interested, Rotorgeek has a couple of 7" monitors with Diversity video receiver left and selling at a very good price:
http://rotorgeeks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=381&search=702

Crazyflyer

So if some of you are techno keeners and want to fly your quad before anyone else, I have drawn up this diagram to make it simple on where to solder the wires without trying to figure out the very very simple manual... yes I am being sarcastic!!!
Please make sure that any power does not go into spots for signal or negative. Even a tiny solder bridge will fry your board.

These boards are the simple versions without OSD or barometer (the manual may show the options found with other boards as well). Although simple, they do have extra doodads you can play with such as LEDS etc...

sihinch

Can you just check, please, Stephan, that I am doing this correctly?

Crazyflyer

Hi Simon, that does actually work so that the LED switch is on the side. I originally thought about turning the PDB 90 degrees CW so that the switch is at the back but this is better if you want the battery connection at the back. Your way would keep the esc wires out of the side.
(The half moon is the back)
Your flight control board would have the mini USB port on the right of the quad.

When is the next build class by the way? The next one on the calendar shows December 28th!

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

So grateful to Stephan and Eric for inviting me to spend time with them this week, to finish my Quad. They were both so generous with their time and sharing their knowledge.

And I'm so chuffed with the result. It's such an awesome looking, professional Quad. And it flew, straight off the work bench!

This winter I have managed to conquer FPV quad flying and I'm excited about flying them this season. I'm by no means "good" but I can fly them - I bought a simulator and a small 2S quad and this worked for me. It's been like learning to fly again - the excitement and thrill is huge! And again Stephan has been so kind to let me fly some of his quads.

I can't wait to fly with the other builders this summer!

piker

It needs a pilot figure to complete the scale effect.