2017-05 TEMAC Tickler, Field Maintenance & Training

Started by sihinch, April 30, 2017, 08:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Thank you to everyone who showed up bright and early on Saturday morning for our Spring Field Maintenance.  It was chilly and very windy, but spirits were high and the volunteers arrived with plenty of energy.  We rolled, and sowed, and raked and....maintained!  Honestly, the field looks amazing.  Mowing starts this week, so it's all systems go!

Our 2017 training program starts this week, on Wednesday 3rd May under the guidance of our new CFI - Rogo!  I'd like to respectfully ask that members with wings do not fly on Wednesdays from 6pm until dusk, to allow our students to maximise learning.  But by all means, come along to watch and help inspect and set-up models.  Wednesday evenings are a fun, fun time, even if you don't fly.

On Saturday 6th May we have our first organised flying event of 2017!  Greg has arranged a "Mayden Fest" for members to bring along new models for that first, nerve wracking flight.  I'll certainly be attending with my new F-4 Phantom and a few other models, what will you bring? Fun starts at noon!

See you soon!
Simon

Wingnutz

Thanks to everyone who pitched in to clean up the field. Sorry I couldn't join the fun...last Saturday in April is always boat launch day for me.
In answer to Simon's question "what will you bring?" , hoping to have my PA-18 Super Cub and PT-26 Cornell, both in Canadian livery ready for Mayden Fest.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!