Mayden Fest- Saturday, May 6- what are you bringing?

Started by Frank v B, May 02, 2017, 11:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Simon let on he would be bringing his F4 Phantom.  Wingnutz is bringing his PA 18 and PT 26 in Canadian livery.

If I successfully change a business appointment, I will be bringing- 1) the E-Flite Rare Bear with a 1250 KV racing motor on 4 cells,  2) an upgraded Micro-Stick. 22" span.  The new motor is about 3 times as powerful as when I flew this plane indoors... and two weeks ago at Rogo Field, 3) the New Mini Tarka- a Dave Boddington design from 25 years ago- a 34" span rocket with about 350 watts going through a one pound airplane.  It should fly at about Nooner speed. 
What does EdEdge call 350 watts per pound?  A nice idle! ;D

Here's to hoping that Bill can make it to the event and I can change my schedule.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

battlestu

hi all... since it looks like it's going to rain for the next few days lets move out may-den fest until next weekend 05/13

btw hoping to bring out my evil-quad and EF-1
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

octagon

May 13th is good. I will maiden the Top Flite Spit I built over the winter.
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

re: Mayden Fest. 

If you don't move the date we may as well change it to "TEMAC'S Mayden Fest and Floatfly" and invite the Metro Marine Modelers.   :)

If it rains on Saturday I will start building an ARK!  One full deck will be for model airplanes. ;D

I can't attend next Saturday May 13.  Will be out of town.  Damn! :'(

Frank

Wingnutz

Greg,
In spite of the fact we'll miss Frank, good call...let's hope the weather gods smile on the 13th! Thanks for not leaving the call 'til the last minute.
I was at the local club field today, landing and taking off through puddles...and this was before it started raining!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Frank v B

Q,

re: "we'll miss Frank"

....but then why are you grinning from ear to ear? ;D

Frank

Wingnutz

Frank,
If I'm grinning, it's not delight in sarcasm ...more likely a lunatic grin resulting from the joys of winter in Bobcaygeon...and watching the lake gradually flood my backyard...AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE A BOAT TO CHASE STRANDED RC FLOAT PLANES!
Rob, how's your backyard?

octagon

Bill, don't feel too bad. In richmond hill the animals are walking around in pairs!
What could possibly go wrong?

piker

Quote from: Wingnutz on May 05, 2017, 11:36:19 PM
Rob, how's your backyard?

The water is the highest I've seen it over the past couple of years since we've been here.  The lake level has about a foot to go before it comes over the lawn.

It was nice the other night though   :)

Wingnutz

Quote from: octagon on May 06, 2017, 09:54:15 AM
Bill, don't feel too bad. In richmond hill the animals are walking around in pairs!
Well at least Richmond Hill animals are walking in pairs. Around here, they're swimming in pairs! :-\
Nice sunsets Rob! I get sunrises but none nicer than your sunsets.

Wingnutz

Shhhhh...
Careful! Repeat this quietly if you do, for fear you'll jinx it! Next Saturday's forecast; light wind, sun, 13C...no rain or snow! 😀 Shhh...!

piker

Quote from: Wingnutz on May 06, 2017, 08:09:37 PM
Quote from: octagon on May 06, 2017, 09:54:15 AM
Well at least Richmond Hill animals are walking in pairs. Around here, they're swimming in pairs! :-\
Nice sunsets Rob! I get sunrises but none nicer than your sunsets.

What's a sunrise?  I've never seen one of those!  Oh wait.  Do they sometimes happen in the winter?

Gregor77

Oscar

I think it's around noon time. 

Sorry, I am not able to attend the event.  But I did mayden 3 so far.  The P47, Stuka-87 and the combat wing last night and this morning.

Crazyflyer

Well, not a good maiden fest for me today for my EF1  :'(
Glen says it can be fixed, if Frank was here he would say to let it rebuild itself, my first thought was get a new fuse.
I have tried Frank's theory but it never worked for me, I guess I don't have any elves hiding in my basement.
I will try putting the pieces together to see if I feel like spending the time to rebuild it.
Next time, I will try flaperons to slow down the damn thing on landing.
I was overshooting the landing a few times, the last time I tried powering out but stalled.
Luckily the brand new EFlite motor seems in good shape.