2017 Kingston Electric Funfly

Started by Michael, March 06, 2017, 03:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Michael

wollins

Awww thanks Mike! Yeah I even look forward to our traditional Sat evening hanging out dinner. The whole weekend is such a cool relaxed hang out ... I encourage anyone who's not been to go. Think this is only the second or third time I'll be missing it in the last 15 years. (Births of my two kids and this time? :) Kingston typically falls on or around my anniversary and I STILL go! (and still happily married ... fancy that! lol!)
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

octagon

I plan to attend and have the room booked. We just put the house up for sale today, and so if we are busy with showings or offers I might have to cancel. I'll let everyone know closer to the weekend.
What could possibly go wrong?

piker

Hey Rob,

I hope you can make it and bring the big Bipe.  I'm bringing mine this year so we should have a good showing with Glenn and Michael, if they bring theirs.  Wouldn't it be great if Cadez would come with something with multiple wings.   ;D

fliegerfunker

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!  Wilf is making his place available for float flying on Saturday evening for anyone interested.  Weather looks pretty good and the winds are predicted to be down the runway,

Martin
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.

piker

Thanks Martin,

We're looking forward to the great Kingston Fun Fly again this year   ;D

octagon

Hey Guys,
Sorry to have to say I have to cancel this weekend. We put our house up for sale on Wednesday, and it seems there will be showings and hopefully offers this weekend, and I want to be around here. I cancelled my reservation at Seven Oaks motel, so there is a room available there. Sorry to let the side down, will be there next year. If you are on the fence about going, let me say it is a great time at a great club, with good friends, and you should do it.
What could possibly go wrong?

fliegerfunker

Good luck with the sale.  (My daughter just sold three day after listing)

Rain finishes today and the weekend looks clear.

Martin
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.

Elect-Rick

Some pictures from Saturday. It was great spending time with some TEMAC members.  Hope to see you soon
Alex's airplane carrier and pitman

Michael

... more ...

Michael

Elect-Rick

Alex's airplane carrier and pitman

piker

Great pictures, Richard and Xavier!  Thanks for sharing.  I like the pictures because you can't feel the wind :o

Although it was pretty windy both days at the fun fly, there was still plenty of flying, and Sunday morning was a pleasant surprise for everyone, as we all expected to wake up to rain.  It was great to see Richard and his son Alex from Montreal, as well as Xavier who was able to join us on Sunday.  Of course, it's always great to see Martin and the Kingston gang, who alway put so much work into making this event fun and welcoming for everyone.  And it's nice to see new and old friends from far away.

I personally had a pretty useless fun fly as far as the performance (or lack of) of my own planes is concerned, and as a result flew very little, but I had a great time and enjoyed relaxing, eating, hangin' out with friends, and watching others fly.

Michael

We did have a great time, and Robert still flew his Waterbomber spectacularly!

Michael

Bigstik

Some spectacular planes! Unfortunately I had to pass this year. Darn! Didn't see a mention of float flying. Did it happen this year?
Bigstik

Michael

There was no float flying.

It was too windy and we had no retrieval boat.

Robert, André and I each flew our flying boats (Waterbomber, Widgeon and Catalina) from the grass.

Michael