Float Fly Satuday May 20th!!!

Started by piker, May 15, 2017, 10:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

It is indeed a great flying site.  Thank you Rob P and Rob D.  :D

I took my winter build SeaDuck from FliteTest.  Even with the strong wind, it handles very well.  The differential thrust makes the taxiing super easy even with the windy condition. 

Here is the full view of the flying site.
https://youtu.be/mNyBXN9d8Ew

piker

Yes!  We had a pretty good turnout last night, considering the weather was not the best... with the strong winds, it's a long weekend, and we had the Jet's event on the same day.

But I'm glad everyone came out as you all got to see what a fantastic float flying site we now have at our disposal, and despite the intimidating winds, everyone flew, and flew a lot, and we didn't need the boat for a rescue event once!

Thanks to everyone for coming out and making this event successful.  It was a lot of fun and I look forward to the next float fly there.  Maybe sooner than we think!

Wingnutz

Rob, Michael, Oscar, thanks for the photos...looks like a great spot and event! Hope I can make the next one.
Oscar, what is that yellow twin flying boat? It looks familiar, but I can't remember what it is.

No float flying here in Bobcaygeon yet...water's so high, my docks can't go in...no place to tie up a rescue boat and my old pilot approach is not to fly without a rescue craft. Maybe next week, water is receding.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

bweaver

Here is another couple of my quality photo's taken at the float fly that Bill may appreciate.

Oscar

Hi Bill - The yellow twin-engine is called Sea Duck (A Disney cartoon TV show called Talespin in the late 80's)