Horizon Service

Started by octagon, June 01, 2017, 06:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to pass along a little story. I bought an Eflite P47 Razorback a few weeks ago. The plane looked awesome. I maidened it about 2 weeks ago. It took off kind of slow but in flight it was great, very stable and nice looking. About 3 minutes in, on a downwind leg, it just seemed to lose signal. It went into about a 30 degree dive and was completely unresponsive to any Tx input. It crashed hard, snapping the fuse in two and breaking a wing. I suspected the AS3X rx and so sent it back to Horizon Hobby for them to take a look at it. Over the course of the last couple of weeks I have begun to wonder if perhaps the main battery disconnected. The battery had  an XT60 lead that I had an adapter to Deans attached to. Then the Deans to an adapter on the ESC to those blue thingies that Eflite insists on using. (can never remember their name). Anyway, Horizon called today, and long story short, they are replacing the entire plane!!!
I had heard they had good service, but this goes above and beyond. I even told them I suspected one of the battery connections had come apart, and they still gave me the benefit of the doubt. They ended the conversation by saying how much they valued the support they get from all of us. Wow, what great customer service.   
What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

My experience with Horizon Hobby makes me a loyal customer.

Michael

Frank v B

My experience was great as well last year.

Last spring the Ryerson Apprentice flew away in lazy circles on its 3rd flight and was totally unresponsive to any TX input at all after it got to about 100' altitude.  I wrote a factual letter to Horizon and requested the plane be replaced.  Sure enough, one week later I received a phone call from Illinois with just some verifying questions and a required proof of sale (bought at GreatHobbies).  Sure enough a brand new plane showed up a week later.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"