Will the Morning Crew allow me to join them?

Started by Frank v B, June 04, 2017, 02:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Just filled out my application to draw OAS (Old Ass Security) from Justin Trudeau's fund when I turn 65 next year. 8)  What obstacles do you think the Mo(u)rning Crew will hurl at me to prevent me from joining their exclusive club of fun-loving, young-at-heart Old Farts?

Now is when Temac members will find out how inclusive the Morning Crew are in deed as opposed to the politically correct verbiage we have been hearing from them so far. ;D

They will probably start me off in their Junior (infant?) Program ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Speaking on behalf of the morning crew.... Thanks Justin...   We needed and appreciate the advanced warning your actions have caused.

Frank - To answer your question  What obstacles do you think the Mo(u)rning Crew will hurl at me to prevent me from joining their exclusive club of fun-loving, young-at-heart Old Farts?

While being a fun-loving 'exclusive' group of Old Farts, we haven't had to worry about things of this nature (up until now).   I guess we will hold a 'weekday morning meeting' to discuss the matter and make the necessary plans. (Of course the meeting will take place after we fly.  Sorry Simon about mentioning that). 

I am sure with our wisdom (comes with age) and ingenuity, we will come up with many ways.  :-*  You will be lucky if all we do is start you off as a 'Junior'.

Condor13

New applicants for joining the morning crew are assessed on ten criteria;

Age,
Good looks,
Charm,
charisma,
Generosity,
Thoughtfulness,
Consideration  of others,
Ability to discus Trump,
Cringing attitude to older members,
Ability to handle mental problems after a crash,

If they have none of these, a cheerful disposition will do.

Condor13

Frank v B

Dr. John,

re:"New applicants for joining the morning crew are assessed on ten criteria";

One out of 10 (age) ain't bad.  :-X

Frank

vicwhit

One of the attributes of the Mo(u)rning Crew is age and unlike fine wine age comes with issues. Like remembering things. Bruce fails to recall that we already had our Meeting and it is too late at this juncture to consider additional mo(u)rners, a.k.a. Cry Babies, to the group.
An additional attribute is that we crash too much. Having such a skilled pilot in the group would be highly embarrassing to us all.
So if you are going to promote yourself as an aspiring member,  please promise that you are mature and over your crying spells. Secondly you must provide instruction to all members so that they can at least aspire to be as capable as yourself.
Do it while you can.

Candu

Quote from: vicwhit on June 04, 2017, 10:35:34 PM

....An additional attribute is that we crash too much. Having such a skilled pilot in the group would be highly embarrassing to us all....

No, no, Vic, you got this all wrong.  Since the major duty of a junior senior member is to lead and participate in a party of solo Search and Rescue Team to retrieve down aircraft, having Frank#1 on board would be a great asset to the Morning Crew!

Frank#2

RogMason

Hey Frank,
The more old farts the better! 
Before flying commences each morning, we all face east and there is a flatulence ceremony, culminating in Dr John striking a match.  Man, see those clouds clear! We then operate in a near vacuum which makes for tricky flying but adds to the skills set.
So as far as I can tell Frank, with your talents, you'll be most welcome.
'Roger That...'

bweaver

I have been in a tizzy all day and hardly slept a wink last night knowing what the future likely brings.  (Roger - some people have no standards.)  I couldn't even bring myself to have a peaceful nap this afternoon.

I have gotten to the point that I can hardly think straight. Started to repair my Savoia, got distracted and...

FFFFRRRAAANNNKKKK!  LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO.....!!!!!

Frank v B

Bruce,

re: your creative talents.

It is amazing the effect I have on people.  This is the first time it has been positive! ;D You will find a way to sink it despite the fact it has floats and is made of foam.  Just don't land in a gasoline slick on the water.

Frank

BTW: I know I am trying to join the Morning Crew soon.  The Crew should get their stories and requirements straight because it is starting to sound like Andy Hoffer will be retiring in the fall and Rob Dickinson may race me to the Crew.

sihinch

While I may not approve of all comments in this thread, I do have one major concern.....

Frank, have you told Cynthia about your intentions relating to the Morning Crew?

Simon

octagon

Hey Frank,
I have experience filling out the CCP forms and the OAS ones to, so if you need help, I will bring my crayons over and we can do it together.

Rob

Frank

BTW: I know I am trying to join the Morning Crew soon.  The Crew should get their stories and requirements straight because it is starting to sound like Andy Hoffer will be retiring in the fall and Rob Dickinson may race me to the Crew.
[/quote]
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Simon,

re:"Frank, have you told Cynthia about your intentions relating to the Morning Crew?"

Bruce has taught me well.  All he says to Katie is "I am going to work".  She pretends everything is fine because, in reality, she doesn't want him at home. ;D 
Cynthia is much the same. I cannot mess up the house if I am not home.  ;)

Frank

bweaver

As long as I put the coffee on before I go....  ::)