Flight instruction May 31st - Yes!

Started by sihinch, May 31, 2017, 07:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Well according to the forecast it's going to be another windy night - around 20km/h winds gusting up to 30km/h! But it does look like it will calm down later.

Plus, there may be a little rain shower.

But we will go ahead with training! So come prepared, and be brave!

See you tonight, students!

ethane

We are going to come unless it starts to pour at 6:30!  Our apprentice is set up to use one of our remotes, the other that came with it is being investigated as you may remember it was not working properly...  I'm hoping someone has another remote that we can use to buddy box with. We have the cable, just only one remote.
Hopefully see you around 6:30 tonight!
Ethan, Alex and Tory

bweaver

I have another transmitter and will bring it tonight.  There are usually a few around that we can manage.

Frank v B

Both Ethan and Alex flew tonight after some receiver swapping, transmitter set-ups and a little bit of swearing on our part.  Thanks to BJ for the use of his transmitter, Simon for the Orange receiver with satellite, Vic for figuring out that full throttle turned on ASX (no down elevator!),  Bruce for hurling insults and jokes.. and having a spare transmitter and cord ready if we needed it.
Hang in there boys.  We are not climbing a mountain... just a very large mole hill that requires oxygen tanks. :D

The weather was fine, the wind was a challenge (from the west!), the rain always threatened but never bothered us.  Just remember, any day with a temperature above 10C without snow is a good flying day. :)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Frank,

Having instructed for some time with and without the 'safe' receiver technology, I am with you in changing it out. 

In most instances, I would recommend switching out the receiver for a standard model, especially in circumstances where there is an instructor assisting the student with a buddy box.  I have seen a number of bad experiences involving the technology.

(Maybe we are just too old Frank.)

You aren't getting me into one of those cars that drive themselves.  I have a enough trouble backseat driving when I know there is a person behind the wheel that is ignoring me.  At least when I am persistent with ragging at a person, they may take my advice (follow my instructions).  I haven't had it work yet when I rag at a machine.  Even after I raise my voice and look at it sternly.

Frank v B

Bruce,

re: "...yet when I rag at a machine.  Even after I raise my voice and look at it sternly."

Sometimes only a brick will do!! 8)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"