Apprentice float fly

Started by Oscar, June 03, 2017, 11:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

With the AS3X/SAFE technology, the Apprentice can also be your first float flying plane.  Let Pedro and I show you what the training plane (Apprentice) can do apart from the student night.   :D

https://youtu.be/nOvIsahBEiU

octagon

Great job as always Oscar, thanks. Loved it!
What could possibly go wrong?

bweaver

Great video once again Oscar.  I also saw some formation floating...  Pedro mastered flying his Apprentice on floats.  His take offs and landings looked great.

Many thanks to the two Rob's for coordinating the day again.  Once again I have to thank Rob for bringing out the rescue boat.  It was well used and appreciated by many (not all, but many).

By the way... The Savoia Marchetti S 55 successfully flew this time.  It actually flies.  I toned down the aileron control surfaces significantly before this flight, which helped stabilize its flight.  Unfortunately,  :'( I stalled it in a turn and it spiraled into the reservoir.  Minor damage.  I am going to repair it and keep the 'air speed up' next time.  My next flying experience with it is to successfully land too, then move on to flying it again, and again. Keep a positive attitude!

Michael

Michael

Wingnutz

Really enjoyed the video Oscar, thanks.
Congratulations Bruce...wish I'd been there. Maybe next time.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Candu

Excellent video production and formation flying, Oscar!  Very smooth landing - hardly notice on video that it had landed.

Just curious, what device did you use to auto pan the video camera for your ground shots?

Oscar

Thank you everyone.   :)

Thank you Rob P and Rob D to find such a great float site.   :D

Frank - the timer is called O-Bolt from BlackBolt.  I placed it onto the Tripod.  The camera is the GOPRO 4 running Timelapse function in 4K mode with interval every 2 sec. 

Michael

Hi Oscar ....

I've been having difficulties figuring out my Gopro Hero.

Can you help me next time at the field?

Michael

Oscar