CUB FUN-DAY July 2nd 2017

Started by bweaver, June 13, 2017, 12:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Great! Was this picture taken in Australia. 

Now everyone understands the challenge Bill.

Bring out your CUB(S),  bring out your CUB(S), bring out your CUB(S)...

(If not a CUB bring out something and pretend it is a CUB - 'boy scouts excluded')

Michael

It looks like it will fly inverted pretty nicely.
Michael

Michael

Michael

octagon

Looks really nice Bill, I'll look forward to seeing it and all the cubs on the second. I will be bringing this 81 inch GP cub and also a taylorcraft I built a couple of years ago.
What could possibly go wrong?

Wingnutz

Okay, went through the steps to get the Cub right side up. Sorry.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

bweaver

Bill, Rob, both your cubs are going to give mine a run for it.  Can't wait for Sunday.

Bring out your CUB(S)!

Frank v B

Bruce,

Sorry to inform you that.... I am planning to show up. ;)

Flew my L4 Grasshopper on Wednesday so it is ready to go.  My Carbon Cub flew two weeks ago so it is also ready.  No other Cubs in my stable.

Now if we could only get Andy to show up my day would be complete ly ruined. ;D

Will get there early (10-ish) so put me to work when you get there.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

BJROB

;D ;D ;D
I was at the field this morning (Saturday).... Great Fly no wind to lite turbulence south/west
Just a heads up  :o   
The Pits area is very wet/soggy so you all may want to wear some kind of water repelling shoe
Or boots or bare foot or bags on the feet.... ???
what ever your pleasure...  ::)

My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on June 30, 2017, 04:00:30 PM
Bruce,

Sorry to inform you that.... I am planning to show up. ;)

Flew my L4 Grasshopper on Wednesday so it is ready to go.  My Carbon Cub flew two weeks ago so it is also ready.  No other Cubs in my stable.

Now if we could only get Andy to show up my day would be complete ly ruined. ;D

Will get there early (10-ish) so put me to work when you get there.

Frank

I will definitely be there to make Frank's day! 8)

Andy

Frank v B

My worst nightmare just came true.

"I will definitely be there to make Frank's day! 8)"

Just to start off absolutely on the right foot, let's meet at Tim's Woodbine for 10 am for a caffeine top-up. I will buy the coffee for anyone there at 10 am.  Then we can don our boots per BJ's advice. I know I can count on Michael, Bruce and Graham to cash in on the offer.  Andy will be tempted.

It will take Andy a half hour to get into his layered weather gear and boots.  I thought TEMAC was a flying club, not a Scuba club. :)

Frank

bweaver

I hope you have had a wonderful CANADA DAY. 

I hope you will have way more fun tomorrow, Sunday at TEMACs CUB FUN-DAY.

Come out and have a great time while flying with your friends.

Bring your CUB,  or if you don't have one, bring a substitute.

;D

Frank v B

Bruce,

Thanks for a organizing a great day. 

Sorry I had to leave early to be home for our guests arriving at 4:30 for a BBQ. It was fun. 

Thanks to Graham for running the BBQ., Simon, Greg and Andy for supplying the things for Graham to burn. Graham served it the way you liked it.... first, second or 3rd degree burns! ;D

Good to see the people who have not had much of a chance to drop by this summer like Greg H., Andy, Peter P., Don and Rosie Duthie , etc. 
The skills (or lack of it) competition was fun and nicely disrespectful.

It started to rain when I got west of Kennedy Road.  Hope it spared you.

Frank

bweaver

I had a blast...  Thanks to everyone for coming out. 

Here are the standings for those courageous soles who took up the CUB FUN-DAY challenge. 

Rob won - Rob tied with Frank V B with 65 points each, however Rob was faster in the Dash Event than Frank by a mere 6 seconds. 

Frank, "how does feel to loose $7,000,000 by just 6 seconds?"

Rob, similarly with your win today, I sincerely hope your luck holds up on collecting that $7,000,000 this coming Wednesday. 

In the Non-Cub 'looser category' (remember it was CUB DAY) we had Thomas and Richard tied with 50 points each, however Thomas just squeezed by Richard by only one second

Unfortunately in this category, Thomas only goes home with 'Bragging Rights' for his efforts, while Richard goes home with his 'wings'.  (Congratulations to you both.)

Honorable mention (in flying order only) goes to Michael, Simon, Vic, Glenn, Vadim and Adam.

Micheal you forgot to pick up your epoxy....  :'(

I hope to see some photo's of the activities posted. I forgot to bring my camera.

Michael

What a great funfly!!!

At least I was the EF1 racer to take off and land!  ;D

Thanks so much to everyone who got soaked helping me in the rain.

Anybody off work tomorrow, to fly?
Michael

octagon

Thanks for organizing the Cub day Bruce. I once was flying into Tampa. The pilot just greased it on, just a perfect landing. On the way out of the plane, as we went by the cockpit, I asked "which one of you guys landed that". It happened to be the first officer, and so I told him that was the best landing I have ever been on board a plane for. I remember his reply. "Better lucky than good". So I will borrow his words. I arrived at the field late and discovered the tail wheel was broken, and not attached to the rudder or plane. I did not have time for a flight today until I took off for my attempt. The tailwheel was held on by scotch tape . Things just seemed to go right from the start. So I will say, better lucky than good. I had a great time. Too bad the weather came in, but tomorrow looks good so I hope to be at the field earlier than today.
What could possibly go wrong?