2017-08 TEMAC Tickler, Warbirds Approach!

Started by sihinch, July 20, 2017, 09:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Yep, that's right! It's time for the 2017 Warbirds day!

This event is one of my favourite events of the year; I always remember my first ever warbirds day in 2012, Jack had 1 person fly at a time and he asked everyone to bring a short write up of their model.  I think the plan was to create an airshow and share the story of each model as it flew. I vividly remember Greg Hazelton's big FW190.  For a warbird fan, it is a great day to see our favourite aircraft perform.

Over time the event has become more relaxed.  A more recent highlight was having a mass flypast with everyone flying a warbird at the same time (approved by the President and Safety Officer, of course!)  And as usualy, we have a TEMAC approach to the definition of a warbird, so you wont be left out. 

If you have an aircraft that has been used by any air force, at any time, then it's a warbird for us! Oh, and if it has military decals or stickers, that's a warbird too.  And Ed asked me if he had a plane that flew like a missile, could he bring that?  Why not?

There will be a BBQ at 12 noon, with the usual $5 charge for hotdogs, chips (or crisps) and unlimited drinks.  But this time the Board would like to ask if there are any willing volunteers to help out?  The Board will bring the food and supplies, but could you help set-up, cook or clear up? Taking the rubbish (or trash) away at the end of the day is always a thankless task, can you help there?

And I'm afraid that the scheduled Tavares float fly on Saturday has been cancelled.  So please don't turn up to his house!

Hope to see you all Sunday!
Simon