Claireville Float Fly Saturday July 8th, CANCELLED!!!!!

Started by piker, July 04, 2017, 04:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

It's time for another float fly at the Claireville Reservoir!   ;D

THIS COMING SATURDAY, July 8rd, from 1:00 to 6:00, at the Indian Line Campground, located here:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.7337674,-79.6292709/43.7360144,-79.6373927/@43.7354095,-79.6398569,15.84z

When you enter the front gate, just let them know you're there for the float fly, and you'll be charged a $6.00 entrance fee to the campground.

I'll bring my retrieval boat, you bring your seaplanes and anticipation of a great afternoon of float flying!  We have good flying weather forecasted for Saturday, so let's get out there and make the best of this fantastic location!

let me know if you have any questions.  otherwise...

See you at the Reservoir!!!

Robert
416-828-8722

Michael

Michael

octagon

Along with my winning lottery ticket for tomorrow night, Bruce was kind enough to give me a pair of water wings. With the luck I had at the last float fly, he figured I might need them if Rob does not show up on time! See you Saturday, but our daughter is expecting our first grandchild anytime in the next little while, so with that and the house for sale we are kind of not committing to anything for sure.But barring either or both of those things happening, I will be there with the un drenched Beaver, and a little foam board plane I build called the Sea Otter. The Widgeon was too badly damaged to repair enough to be ready for this weekend.
What could possibly go wrong?

piker

Don't forget about the Float Fly tomorrow!

I think the weather will be fantastic, and our new float flying site is just wonderful!  We're so lucky to have access to such a great spot.  Let's make the best of it!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

piker

Our super cool Deputy Zone Director has secured a sanction for the Float Fly again!  It's so nice to be official!

piker

Hey guys,  Sorry for the very late notice, but I just spoke with Rob D. and we agree that it's too windy today to have a good float fly.  I'd be surprised if anyone shows up anyway.

So the Float Fly for today is cancelled!!!

I'm very sorry if you don't get this on time and head to the float fly anyway.  It's always a good practice to check here before heading out anyway, to make sure we're still a go.

Let's hope for better conditions for next time!