New Flight Line Spitfire

Started by octagon, July 28, 2017, 05:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

As most of you know I killed my Top Flite Spitfire. Glenn suggested I might look at the new Flight Line 1600 mm (63") that was due to be released. I got in touch with Motion RC and as luck would have it they were shipping the first ones on Friday. I ordered one and had it shipped to Lewiston NY where I picked it up on Wednesday. The box it came in was labeled Freewing, so I guess they make it but sell it under the Flite Line name. Honestly, of any Foamy I have seen our owned this one is the best. Everything fit, the finish is great, the decals are proper and scale. I ordered graphics from Callie and am just waiting for those, but it came with two sets of squadron markings. It is just I wanted it to be Sid Bregman's plane.   I am really happy to have been able to get one so quickly and look forward to flying it soon.
What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

Michael

BJROB

Rob
Man does that plane look so good ... :P
wow nice detail
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

sihinch

So Rob, you would recommend we get one?

octagon

I plan to maiden it today or tomorrow, let's see how it flies, but if it flies well, it may be a very desirable model.

Frank v B

Simon,

re: "...it may be a very desirable model."

If you read between the lines of Rob's Diplo-speak he is really saying:

" Of course you should.  You mean you haven't ordered one yet.  Are you slowing down?" :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

octagon

So we maidened it today. If anything it flies better than it looks, and it looks good!

battlestu

got some pictures ... agreed it's a great looking plane
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Oscar

Thank you Rob.  I haven't start mine yet.  I want to wait til Callie graphics show up.  Looking forward to fly formation with you soon.  :D

octagon

Thanks for the great pictures Greg. Oscar, honestly, you will love this plane.

John McGahern

Did you stay out of the country for a couple of days or did you just take your chances with customs?  I've picked up stuff in Lewiston before but always when I've been returning from holiday.