Flying Sunday August 6, 2017

Started by Michael, August 06, 2017, 05:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

The weather and wind conditions were much better than forecast.

Gill brought out a 3D-printed Spitfire. It flew well, but sustained some damage on landing. It was really interesting, and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of this soon.

Michael

Bigstik

Bigstik

Michael

One of our members bought/downloaded the file for the model, then printed out parts measuring no more than 20 cm wide, on his 3D printer, and then glued/assembled the parts, and then installed the equipment.

Michael

Gil.E

Since I plan to fix the "minor damage" (fuselage split into two halves) I might as well start a (re)build thread for 3D printed models elsewhere on the forum.

By the way, this wasn't the maiden flight. The plane was maidened back in May and flew well 4 or 5 times since then. Yesterday was only the half-maiden flight with a freshly printed set of wings. The original wings were completely deformed after I left the plane in the car on a sunny day. 

"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.

vicwhit

Did you get the files from Thingiverse or the original from MyMiniFactory? What type of filament did you use?
Do it while you can.

Candu

Interesting project. A couple of questions:
- What kind of filament did you use to print it?
- Total hours required to print all the parts?

Gil.E

"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.