VQ Models / Hobbyking 0.46 Hurricane

Started by sihinch, December 30, 2019, 01:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

I finally (after about 18 months) got round to cleaning my workbench yesterday (took about 4 hours!) so that I can build this year.....

I started my 2017 Christmas present from Les. It's the Hobbyking version of the VQ Models 0.46 Sea Hurricane. I think it's the smaller version of Glenn's.

Got the wing halves joined and the servo extensions threaded. Started thinking about motors and have got 2 to chose from!

Thinking of using the Rimfire 0.6 so I can go 5S or 6S (the E-Flite would be 4S or 5S.)

octagon

Can't wait to see it Simon. BTW I did get the J3 in the air. You should have stayed 5 minutes more. Flies well. Thanks to Glenn's ingenuity and Dave's tape we were able to McGiver rudder hindges.
What could possibly go wrong?

sihinch

Well this is possibly the worst build thread ever......because I've only done 1 post and I've just finished it!

In the end I went with the E-Flite 0.46 because the motor mount for the Rimfire didn't fit on the firewall!!! I used a 60A Plush ESC and will fly 5S.

Just need to add the radio and balance it. It was a really nice ARF to build, I was impressed by VQ Models.

Frank v B

Simon,

re: your "Well this is possibly the worst build thread ever......because I've only done 1 post and I've just finished it!"

Two conclusions:  You are hyper-productive and you won't get a comment from Bruce like I got "Frank v B are you not finished yet? ;D ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"