Wanted 3D printer custom jobs

Started by sihinch, August 12, 2017, 03:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Does anyone know anybody locally who will do 3D print jobs for cash?

I have files that I'd like printing but no printer!

vicwhit

Details? I have a printer and might be able to help.
Do it while you can.

sihinch

Thanks for the reply Vic. This is what I was after:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2343392/#comments

To use one of Frank's terms, "no" is a perfectly acceptable answer!

bweaver

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NOPE :o

vicwhit

I will give it a go. Since this is all curves, there will be no flat surface to lie on the printer bed. Printing this will involve support material as you can't print in open air. Everything is based on layers. Cleaning up the support material can be a lot of work to get to a smooth finish. If that is on the inside, it should be OK. The first attempt will be in black material. When I am satisfied that I have a working solution, you can choose black, white, yellow, blue, or clear-ish.
Do it while you can.

sihinch

Wow, thanks Vic! That's awesome of you.

I don't mind cleaning up the material, and black is great.

One thing though, it needs to house a chip, so leaving the inside as close to smooth may be better and then I can clean the outside. I'm thinking the chip probably needs to sit well.

But what do I know about 3D printing?

vicwhit

The first one turned out not bad. The ledge that sits offset from the edge broke off while removing the support material. I will be more careful on #2 and increase the detail too for a finer outside finish.
Do it while you can.

vicwhit

Nailed it. Chip included.
Do it while you can.

Bigstik

One can always use 3D Hubs. It is a place where you can get printing done locally. I went there and found a guy doing print jobs right here in Guelph.
Check out 3D Hubs.
Bigstik

sihinch

Looks like I have a Guy right here, called Vic! Wow, thank you so much. What an amazing club.

Not sure I can afford your chip though.

Thanks again Vic. Now I will have to talk cost!

vicwhit

If you have to ask. ..you cannot afford it.
CU Wed.
Do it while you can.

Gil.E

Hi Simon,
I only saw your request last night. I should visit the TEMAC forums more frequently.
I couldn't let go of a good 3D printing challenge. Here is my "bid entry" in white PLA+ after minor sanding of the support material.
I know it's too late, so consider this a backup cover for the very fine part made by Vic.

In the spirit of free market competition I will match the $0.00 price tag and throw in a video of the part being printed as a promotion gimmick: 

https://youtu.be/wNDveDjXjrc

"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.

bweaver

vicwhit

Do it while you can.

sihinch

I can't take the competition of the open market!!!