EF 1 Pylon Race Orangeville

Started by Polecat, August 20, 2017, 07:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Our fall racing season is almost here, I have scheduled an EF 1 race Sun Sept. 10, start time is 10:30 am. Also hoping to get another race in on Sun. Oct. 1.
Please confirm if you can make the Sept. 10 race.
Remember go fast, turn left.

Ken Fluney

sihinch

I'm afraid I won't be able to make the Sept date, Ken. Sorry!

Be fast Racers!

Frank v B

I should be able to make it.  My goal of being second last must be achieved. ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

battlestu

can't wait.... need to give Frank a challenge :)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Frank v B

Greg,

re:"need to give Frank a challenge :)"

Dammit Greg,  I hate competition. ;)

Frank

Polecat

Hi Guys
Rattle Mike Hazelton's chain for some more competition!!!

Frank v B

Ken,

Mike has gone AWOL.  We have to find him first before we can rattle his chain.  :D
What got in the way this summer for Mike was the new concept of a full-time job.  That is step 1 before flying, which is step 2... at best. ;D

Frank

ps: saw the photo of your 14lb fish.  Was that photo taken before or after you funnelled lead shot into its belly?  ;D  A 1250 KV 25 in its mouth should make it around the race course. It has enough fin area. :)

cpaine

I hate it when work gets in the way of Fun! but we need to work to have fun and play with toy airplanes...
I take it he is working Weekends? bummer....
I sold my Scarlett Screamer to friend from my club, I believe he is coming to try racing again.
see you guys in a couple weeks!
maac #26951

Polecat

Only have a couple of Temac guys confirm, hope there is some more.

Ken

Frank v B

Temac Racers,

Let's meet at the usual coffee shop at Hiway 9 and Weston Road (Hiway 27?) about 3-4 km west of 400 on the north-east corner of the intersection.  Map https://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Schomberg/Country-Style/7431035.html

So far Greg H., Glenn and I are confirmed with Michael and Stefan possibles.  Simon is out of the country and Mike Hazelton has this excuse about seeing a special movie at TIFF.  Yes Mike is alive.  He surfaced yesterday at Student Night.  You are never going to get such a long take-off run and landing space without obstacles.  Just stay away from Simon's Tree (The Hinchwood Tree) and you will be just fine.

We need to defend our superior performance from the spring session.  Three of the Orangeville guys went down to the Nats in the States and practice raced just because they are scared of us. :D

Frank

cpaine

Mike showed up for student night?! has it been that long that he needs to re learn how to fly?  ;D
Weather is looking good so far, hope the winds stay light...
Also, Ken.... Hows the field? can we park on the adjacent runway? Sounds like we have a few more people coming.
Cheers
Cory
maac #26951

battlestu

Hi Frank... scratch me off that list. Mike has an extra ticket for that TIFF movie :)

The big IMAX screen, Dunkirk, and Christoper Nolan will be there ...

See you all at the next one.
Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Polecat

What has happened to the Hazelton bro's, a movie over pylon racing.lol

Frank v B

Ken,

The Hazmat Brothers obviously have continuously changing priorities.  I can hear their explanation now.  They are watching the movie Dunkirk so they can properly master the strafing run.

See you Sunday.

Frank

Frank v B

Batteries are charged.  I even stretched the wrinkles out of my stab and wing.  This insane need to come second last (instead of last) is taking on a life of its own. ;D

Frank