Convoy to Orangeville Sunday Oct 1.

Started by Frank v B, September 26, 2017, 09:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

To all Temac EF-1 pilots and ground crew: 

Let's meet at the usual Country Style coffee shop on the north-east corner of Hiway 9 and 27 in Schomberg.  I believe it is about 4 km west of 400.  https://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Schomberg/Country-Style/7431035.html
Ken's race info calls for us to start at 9:00 (probably to allow time for pre-race bribery ;D).  Let's meet at the coffee shop at 8:15 and leave for Orangeville at 8:30 am.

Take my cell number with you- 416-605-0707

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

What do I need (other than a plane, batteries and radio) to participate?
Michael

sihinch

Polecat

Quote from: Michael on September 28, 2017, 07:44:08 AM
What do I need (other than a plane, batteries and radio) to participate?

Michael Your more than welcome to come up for the race, its a fun time and lots of laughs. Also you will get lots of help as well.

Ken

Frank v B

Michael,

re: What do I need (other than a plane, batteries and radio) to participate?

Other than the plane, batteries and radio.... you will need sunglasses (we go 360 degrees around), cold drinks (we are in the middle of nowhere), a bit of food before or bring it to snack on, sunscreen, a sweater or jacket (just in case the gods are angry), a sense of humour, a positive attitude (I can get just as lucky as them!), oh yes.... and flying ability......something I lack. ;D

Frank

Frank v B

Directions from the coffee shop at Hiway 9 and 27 (Schomberg)

West on Hiway  9 until it ends at Orangeville (Hiway 10), turn right (north) for 6.6 km's to Sideroad 20, turn left (west) on sideroad 20 for 35.5 km's until the road ends at a T junction.  Turn right (north) for 5.3 kms.  This road turns from paved to gravel about halfway along.  You will go over a little concrete bridge at about 5.1 km's.  Turn the first driveway on the right immediately past the first house.  The driveway leads between the house and a barn.  If you see rusted cars and a yellow light aircraft fuse in the driveway... you are in the right place.*

Frank

* of course if you drive up the driveway and see a pool with beautiful women you are in the right place too.... but not for flying. ;D...... but call us for help. :) :)

sihinch

Hey Frank - where do you see the 9am time, that Ken wants us there?

Frank v B

Simon:

re- 9 am start time

I thought I saw a note from him but looked everywhere and cannot find it.  He is down some helpers so it would be nice to pitch in during the set-up.

Leaving the coffee shop at 8:30 gets us there at about 9:30 so we will not be crazy early.

Frank

sihinch

No, we wont be there crazy early, but we need to set-off crazy early to get to the coffee shop for 8am!

Weekends are for sleeping in!

electroflyer

See you there guys!
Batteries are charged and car will be loaded tonight after I get back from seeing Dunkirk!
Glenn

sihinch

Ken says be there for 10 to 10:30am for racing at 11.

So I propose we put our meet back to 8:30 so we can leave at 9am.

I'm coming with Michael so will suggest those times to him. I think we'll still be there for 10am to help set-up.

Michael

8:30-ish is fine.

See you guys tomorrow.
Michael